36

I stood there until the sun came up, the device still flashing and beeping crazily. Chara left to get us some food, but she had been sitting there with me too. It was a comfortable silence, we just sat there waiting for a sign that Alphys was coming.

"Alphys, come on. I can't wait forever."

"Why don't you just leave it alone?" Chara asked with her mouth full.

"First of all, don't talk with your mouth full. Secondly, I don't want something to happen to the device and her not come up here."

Chara nodded and took another bite of her food. "What's the plan when she does get here?" she asked once she swallowed her food.

I shrugged, "hopefully she knows a way we can get back down. Or she's convinced some monsters down there to help, and we can all convince the humans. Oh, I hope they've changed from how they were when I fell."

"Well I know they've changed since I fell," Chara said. "I don't even think we had fast food restaurants here."

"Really? Wow, I couldn't live without a McDonalds. I'd probably starve."

She nodded, "I know. We were really missing out. This is great. Well, not great in the 'it tastes amazing' kind of way, more in the 'it's so greasy I'm going to drown but it's worth it' kind of way."

I chuckled, "I know what you mean." We continued talking until the sun was almost down and the device had stopped beeping.

"H-hello?" a voice behind us said. I turned around and saw Alphys standing on the edge of the mountain, wringing her hands together.

"Alphys! Oh my God am I glad to see you!"

"M-me too. But, um, why is she here?" she asked, pointing to Chara.

"Oh, long story. But, she won't hurt you, I promise."

"Oh, okay," Alphys said, nodding.

"So," Chara said, standing," how are we going to fix this?"

"Yeah, what's the plan?" I asked.

Alphys ducked her head under our gazes. "W-well, I was hoping you had an idea of what you wanted to do, because, um, I have nothing."

"It's fine," I said, waving my hand. "We were going to ask some of the humans to help us open the barrier and release all the monsters."

"That's a good plan," Alphys said.

"So, um, what's going on down there? Is Sans okay?"

Alphys smiled sadly, "I'm sorry to hear about what happened between you two. Yes, he's okay. Everyone's fine."

"Oh, that's good," I said, sighing in relief. "I was scared something had happened."

"No, no, everyone's fine," she said, smiling.

"Um," Chara spoke up, "how did you get up here?"

"Oh," Alphys said. "I made this machine that can go through the barrier but can only carry one person."

"Oh."

"So," I said, clapping my hands. "Time to put this plan into motion."

"Sky, it's almost nighttime."

"Oh, right. Tomorrow the plan gets set into motion. For now, food and then sleep."