45

"Wow. This is what the outside looks like," Sans said, sticking his hands into his pockets and looking around, a small grin on his face.

"Yeah, it's nothing special though." We stood at the mouth of the mountain, just looking, before I spoke up again. "You ready to go?"

Sans shrugged, "sure, why not? Let's go kick some Chara ass."

"That used to be my house," I said, pointing at the house we passed.

"Really? It doesn't look very big. Or well built."

"Yeah, we had a lot of problems there. I usually just stayed in that shack that's on Ebott."

Sans nodded, "is that where you stayed while up here?"

"Yeah. I saw some of Alphys' stuff in there, but there were no signs of Chara. Do you have any clue where Alphys would go?"

"Um, is there any technology around?"

"There's a computer store in the middle of town. Do you want to check there?"

"Yeah, that sounds like somewhere she'd be. She's probably trying to upgrade the computers."

"But, wouldn't they, like, kick her out because she's a monster. Are humans still holding grudges?"

"No, I think they've mellowed out, but I don't know. C'mon, let's go look there."

Surprise, surprise, she was at the computer store trying to upgrade the computers.

"Alphys!" I yelled, running up to her.

"Sky! Hey! The Above Ground is so cool! You've got such high tech computers, but I've improved them a little bit."

"Wow, you're no match for our technology. So, have you seen Chara?"

"No, not since she pushed you. I tried to talk to her about it, but she just ran away from me. I couldn't see which direction she came from because it was dark, but I tried looking for her the next day. She either got too far for me to find or she's really good at hiding."

Sans walked up beside me, "hey Alphys. I'm glad to see you okay."

"Sans, hi! Have you, um, heard from Undyne. I tried sending something down there to tell her I was okay but it didn't work."

"Yeah, Undyne's okay. Worried about you, but okay."

Alphys blushed, "I hope she knows I'm okay. Did she come with you guys?"

"No, one human soul can only carry one monster over the barrier," Sans said.

"And Undyne didn't really trust me because I kind of left you up here," I added.

Alphys smiled, "oh, she's a worrier. It's okay, she'll get over it once she sees I'm okay."

Sans smiled, "so, uh, are you ready to come back to the Underworld?"

Alphys shrugged, "I don't know. It's been so long since I've been up here, I don't remember the last time I was, and I'm not ready to leave now."

"Alphys," Sans started, "we're going to see if there's some humans that can help us break the barrier."

"I think there's a lot of people that want it broken. You know, it was a long time ago when they closed it. People's opinions have changed."

"Has anyone said anything to you?" I asked.

She shook her head, "nothing bad. A lot of people asked how I got out and I told them I was a scientist and made a machine to help me get out and they said that that was really cool."

Sans nodded, "alright. Well, we need as much help as we can. The more people the easier it will be to open the barrier."

We both nodded. "Do we split up or stick together?" I asked.

"Splitting up might be the easiest way to get more people."

"But what if someone freaks out when they see you?" I asked. "I mean, no offense, but you're not the most normal looking monsters. You two might seem threatening."

Sans sighed, "I don't know. C'mon, I'm starving, let's get some food and then we'll talk strategy. Sound good?"

Alphys and I nodded and we made our way to the nearest fast food place.