18

"What the-" I yelled, jumping back. Chara climbed up, somehow got the window open, and climbed in.

"Hello, Skylar," she said once she was inside the room. "How are you feeling?"

I glared at the girl, my jaw clenched shut. "Why are you here?"

"I'm simply checking up on you. I wanted to see how you were doing."

"Well, I'm fine. You failed at killing me."

Chara chuckled, "oh, I wasn't trying to kill you. I'm going to wound you every reset so by the time I'm where I want you to be, you can't stop me."

I gasped and stepped back, "what is wrong with you? How psychotic can you be to do something like this?"

Chara groaned, "I already explained this to you. Have you forgotten already? Kill everyone down here, humans will trust me, and then kill them."

"Your end game is killing everyone. Do you know how dumb you sound?"

Chara growled at me and held her knife up, but didn't do anything. "You don't know anything. Gah, why should I even explain it to you? You'll never understand."

"No, I won't, because you have no reason for doing this. You're just insane."

"No!" Chara yelled, throwing her knife, barely missing my head. The knife got stuck in the wall on the other side of the room. "You don't know anything! I hate you! I hate the Underground! And I hate humanity!"

Sans and Alphys burst into the room, Undyne following behind quickly after. "What? What happened?"

I looked at them, and then back to the window. No one was there. "Um, nothing. Sorry."

Undyne walked over to the knife in the wall, "this wasn't nothing. What happened?"

I sighed, "Chara came by for a visit."

Sans growled and Undyne gripped the spear in her hand. She was still decked out in her armour. Alphys looked nervous, and a little scared.

"Are you hurt?" Sans asked, walking up to me. He put his hand under my chin and made me look him in his eye sockets.

"No, I'm fine. She just explained something to me."

"What?"

"That she's going to hurt me every reset, so when she kills you, I can't do anything."

Sans sighed, "I won't let that happen. Next time she resets, I'm going to be there in the Ruins. I'm not letting you be alone for a second."

I nodded, "okay."

Sans kissed my forehead and turned to Alphys and Undyne. "I have a plan."

"Let's hear it," Undyne said, smiling.

"Let's discuss this somewhere else. Skylar needs to rest," Alphys said, grabbing Undyne's elbow.

"Oh, right. Well, bye Sky. Be okay," Undyne said. She walked out the room, Alphys following. Sans lingered for a few seconds before waving and walking out.

I walked back to my bed and laid down. I groaned, "when will this end?"

"Soon, my friend. Soon," I heard a voice whisper before I fell asleep.