20

"Sans!" I yelled, my eyes popping open and I sat up, gasping for breath.

"I'm right here. I'm right here," he said, pulling me into his arms. "Are you okay? What happened?"

I finally caught my breath and wiped the tears I didn't know had fallen. "It was just a dream."

"What happened?"

"Chara was there. And Flowey."

Sans stiffened, "what happened? What'd they say?"

"Flowey seemed, I don't know, scared. He was scared when Chara was walking up. And Chara was mad at him because he was telling me stuff, and she lunged at me with her knife."

Sans lifted my shirt enough to make sure I wasn't actually hurt and then lowered it again. "What did Flowey say?"

"That Chara was mean and made him almost kill a monster once. And that he was the king and queen's son."

Sans nodded, "yeah. I didn't know she made him do that though."

I shrugged, "she is a bitch."

Sans chuckled, "true."

"So," I said, "what do you want to do?"

Sans smirked, "I have a few ideas."

"I never took you for a rom-com kind of guy," I said, popping another piece of popcorn in my mouth.

"Hey," she shrugged, "what can I say? I'm full of surprises."

I laughed, "I guess. But, what are we going to do about Chara and the genocide run?"

"I'm not sure yet. Speaking of, we need to check on Papyrus." We both got off of the couch and walked outside. "Paps?" Sans called, cupping his hands around his mouth. We walked all the way to the bridge Papyrus built before Sans turned back to me. "Oh god, where could he be?"

"I don't know. Maybe he visited Undyne."

"Yeah," Sans nodded hesitantly. "Yeah maybe. Let's go look there."

Papyrus wasn't there either. "Oh god, oh god, where is he?" If Sans had hair, he would be pulling it out because of how stressed he was.

"Sans, calm down. It's okay. We'll find him."

"No you won't," a voice said from the shadows.

"What?" Sans growled, whipping around to where the voice came from.

"You won't find him," the voice said from another area. Flowey popped up in front of me. "No one will find him."

"What the hell do you want?" Sans yelled, his eye blazing blue. He walked up to me and moved me behind him and away from Flowey.

"Chara asked me to deliver a message to you. Papyrus is dead. She killed him. You won't find him because his dust is probably spread all over Snowdin by now."

Sans' entire demeanor changed. His eye became a dull blue and there were tears in his eyesockets. "You're lying."

"I'm not. She also asked me to give you this." Flowey extended a vine from his body and placed what he was holding in front of Sans. It was a red, torn up scarf.