32

"Okay, so how are we going to do this?" I asked, walking over to the mouth of Mt. Ebott. No matter who much Chara tried to convince me she'd changed, I was not going to let her stand behind me while I was standing right here.

"Um, wouldn't we just go back down there?" she asked.

"I don't think it will be that simple. I'm kind of banned from the Underground, they'll kill you on the spot, and one or both of us might die if we try to fall back down there. We got lucky the first time, and I'd rather not test that luck again."

"Makes sense," she said, nodding. "Well, I have no idea then."

"Great," I groaned. I sat on the ground and put my head in my hands. I sat there for a minute, just thinking, when my stomach interrupted my thoughts.

Chara giggled, "I'm guessing you're hungry."

"Huh. Guess so. I actually can't remember the last time I ate."

She gasped, "that's not good! Come on, let's go get something to eat." She grabbed my hand and yanked me up and dragged me down the mountain. She weaved us around trees, down roads, and into a strange area I would have never guessed had a place to get something to eat.

"How did you find this place?" I asked, looking around.

She shrugged, "I stumbled upon it a little while ago. It's closed, but not locked, so we can sneak in and get food."

"We're going to steal?"

"Well duh, do you have money on you?"

"Good point. So, lead the way."

"Why me?" she asked.

"You found this place. And you're smaller."

"Oh." She walked around back and opened the back door. "Come grab what you want."

We both stacked our arms full of cups of fries, drinks, and burgers. "This reminds me of the Burger Emporium."

"What's that?" I asked. We were back on Mt. Ebott, stuffing our faces with stolen food.

"It's a fast-food place in MTT Resort. Do you know about Mettaton?"

"I think," I nodded. "He's a big celebrity, right?"

"More like the only one. Yeah. Asriel took me there a lot before..." she trailed off and I nodded understandingly. "Anyways. There's this one dude who works there, no one knew his real name, everyone just called him Burgerpants, and he was my favorite. He wanted to be an actor, but he got stuck working there. He was hilarious."

"Sounds like it," I said after taking a sip of my drink. I placed it down next to me, "tell me more about the Underground before everything happened."

Chara sighed, "there's not much to tell. It was very normal. Toriel and Asgore were happily together, Asriel was happily their normal son, and I was their happily adopted daughter. All the monsters were happy, and life was great. Then, I 'died.'" She put quotation marks around died. "I didn't actually die. Just, was knocked unconscious for a long time. I was in a coma, basically. Well, they all thought I was dead, and Asriel took me to the surface, and everyone thought he killed me, and they killed him. And then shit hit the face."

"Hey," I said, elbowing her on the arm. "Put a quarter in the swear jar."

"Oh, shut up," she said, rolling her eyes. "I don't think Sans and Papyrus were there then."

"Oh," I said, standing up and brushing dirt off my pants. "Well, what do we do now?"

Chara shrugged. "I was kind of hoping you knew that."

I sighed, "I'm still kind of tired. All this new information has made my brain melt. I'm going back to sleep." I walked back into the shack and laid on the ground, rolling onto my side. I closed my eyes and was lulled to sleep when Chara started playing with my hair.

~I haven't updated in forever bc I was at my friends' house for ten days and so I'm going to update a little more than usual now. Tomorrow I get to go to my grandparents' lake house with no wifi and cry myself to sleep from boredom. Yay!