23

"Sky? Sky!" I heard Sans scream, but from where? I could only see darkness. I knew I was dead because I couldn't feel anything, but how could I still hear him? "How could you!" he yelled, at Chara I'm assuming.

"She was only in the way. And now it's your turn."

I saw. How did I see? I'm dead! How can I see?! I saw Chara advance on Sans, and Sans dodge expertly. "Seriously, Chara. When will you get better at this? If you really wanted to kill me, you'd learn how to hit me."

Sans attacked, nearly killing Chara. Chara just chuckled, "and I thought you'd learn not to judge me so quickly. I'm only getting started."

I watched them fight and Chara die time after time. I don't know how I was seeing this. I could see Sans was getting tired. His movements were getting slower, but he was still going. Finally, after his final attack, he had an idea to just sit there. He stood there, but I saw him slowly falling asleep. Eventually he did, and Chara grinned. "Exactly where I wanted you," she whispered, and swung her knife at him. He woke up and dodged, but Chara swung again, and hit him.

Sans is dead too.

"No!" I screamed, leaning in closer and holding my hands up. They pressed against something like your hands would press against a window. "What?" I looked up to see white words hanging over me.

"Game Over. Reset. New game."

"What the hell?" I walked closer to the two options and held my hand over "New game."

"Or, should I reset? What's the difference?"

I studied the two options before pressing new game. A rush of energy washed over me, I felt a gust of wind blow through my hair, and I felt cold and sweaty at the same time. I opened my eyes and saw I was back on the bed of golden flowers.

I stared at my hands incredulously. What was this power I possessed? I shook my head and walked to where Flowey usually is.

"So, I see you've discovered you can reset," he said once I walked up to him.

I just nodded in reply, still too shocked to answer.

"And I understand you're shocked. I was too when I realized I could do that. It's okay, you'll get used to it. You'll even figure out how to do it when you're not dead."

I nodded again.

"Look kid, I really don't like helping Chara. I don't agree with what she's doing."

"So why do you?" I asked quietly.

"Because she'll kill me if I don't." Flowey looked around before saying, "I suggest you go and find Toriel before Chara gets to her first."

"Thank you," I said.

Flowey nodded, "sure. I just wish I had someone to help me when I went through this."

As I left, I kind of felt bad for him.