16

My eyes were wide, "w-what do you mean genocide run?"

Chara giggled, "this is where I kill everyone. Toriel, Papyrus, Undyne, even Sans. I'm unstoppable in this run. Eventually, I'll kill you too." She giggled again and walked closer to me.

"What are you doing?" I asked, backing away with Frisk still behind me.

Chara just smiled and in the blink of the eye was right in front of me. "I'm going to need to borrow Frisk."

"What? No? Are you insane?!"

Chara cocked her head, "yes actually. I mean, if you would prefer me to kill everyone you love in your body, I could."

I gasped, "no! Why would you do something like this, anyways? What is so bad that you kill monsters that only want to help?"

Chara smiled and spun the knife in her hand, "it's simple. I hate humanity. It scold burn in hell for all I care."

"But how does this hurt humans? They were the ones who out the monsters down here in the first place!"

Chara shrugged, "never thought about the why. Just the how. How am I going to kill every single monster in the Underground? You see, it's quite simple. Knock out the one who knows about resets first. Sans."

I clenched my teeth together. "You hurt him and I swear-"

Chara grinned largely, "ah, that's the reaction I was hoping for. But how can you do anything if you're dead?"

I froze, "what?"

"My conclusion on getting to Sans is to get to you first. Kill you, he becomes an emotionally unstable mess, he can't fight right. Which means I win, and I kill everything."

"No. No, you can't do that. Please no."

Chara sighed, "honey, I'm the one with the knife. I can do what I want." Frisk whimpered behind me, and I turned to look at them when I felt pain in my side. I gasped and fell to my knees. I faintly remember seeing a skeleton in a blue hoodie kneeling next to me before I passed out.

"C'mon kid, wake up. Please," a voice said. I felt weight on my hand and pain in my stomach and side. I winced and felt the thing in my hand tighten its grip. "That's it. You can wake up now."

I groaned and barely opened one eye. I could see Sans sitting next to me, the permanent grin on his face doing nothing to hide his worry. "Alphys! I think she's waking up!"

There was the sound of feet hitting the ground, and a large yellow silhouette came into my restricted vision. I couldn't open my eyes fully because the bright lights were killing me.

"O-okay. L-let me j-just..." the voice trailed off. There was some shuffling and then a crash.

"You okay Alphys?" Sans asked, the grip on my hand loosening. I tried to squeeze my hand to get his attention, but it didn't work. My limbs felt like they were full of lead.

"Y-yep! Everything's o-okay. Ah! Here it is!" The silhouette, who I'm assuming is Alphys, came back into view. She was holding a needle of some sort. "O-okay. This m-might h-hurt, but it'll help her wake up and help with pain. Could you hold her arm out?"

Sans stretched my arm out and I felt something sharp and pointy touch my skin. Then the needle was jabbed into my skin, and I gasped at the suddenness of it.

"I'm s-sorry," Alphys mumbled. She took the needle out of my arm gently and there was a clank next to my head, like she put it on a metal tray.

"How long until she wakes up?" sans asked.