7

"Well, this is very interesting," I heard a voice say. It sounded quite feminine, and also robotic.

"SHOULD WE WAKE THEM UP?" I heard Papyrus attempt to whisper.

"No, you shouldn't," I heard Sans grumble. "Go away, you two."

"Oh? Why should we? You want alone time with your little... friend?" the robotic voice said again.

"No, be quiet. She was tossing and turning all night, and she's finally asleep. Let her stay like that." I was tossing and turning? I didn't even know that.

"OH! I AM SORRY, BROTHER! COME ON, METTATON, LET'S LEAVE THEM ALONE!"

"What, wait, Papyru-" Mettaton was cut short and then the door shut.

I heard Sans sigh and the blanket rustling. "I know you're awake, kid."

I opened one eye and saw Sans smiling at me. I closed it again and hid my face in the pillow I was on.

"C'mon, don't be like that. Get up." Sans got off the bed and yanked the blanket off of me. "Uhhh..." I opened my eyes to see Sans' face completely blue.

"What?" I asked, sitting up.

"Sorry, I forgot you weren't wearing pants."

"Wha-" I looked down and the hoodie I was wearing rode up, and my underwear was showing. "Oh! Sorry," I said, pulling it down.

"No, no, I'm sorry." His face was still blue. "Um... C'mon, let's go downstairs."

I threw on my pants when he left the room, leaving and going downstairs. I left the hoodie on because it was warm and I was cold. When I made it downstairs, I saw Mettaton sitting on the couch, almost as if he was waiting on me to come down.

"Well, hello." he said in a sultry voice. "It's nice to meet you." He walked up to me and put a hand on my shoulder. "You're wearing Sans' hoodie, I see. And messy hair. And I can only assume by the way Sans came down here with a flustered face that something happened."

"What? No, nothing happened. I just slept in there for the night."

"Oh, but those bags under your eyes are designer, my darling. You weren't doing mcuh sleeping."

"Mettaton!" Sans said, coming into the room and taking his arm off of me. "Leave Skylar alone. Nothing happened, so don't bother her." He glared at Mettaton until the robot left. Then he turned to me, "don't listen to him. You hungry?"

"Yeah."

"Alright, let's go grab some grub."

After eating, Sans and I went walking around. "Where are we going?" I asked, following Sans.

"I dunno, where do you want to go?"

"I don't know. I've never really gone anywhere."

"Welp, looks like we're going exploring."

We walked for a long time, until we got somewhere where it was incredibly hot. "Wow, I regret wearing this hoodie. It's hot."

"Well, yeah, we are in Hotland. Do you not have anything under that?"

"Nope. Just skin. I'm not you, wearing a human flesh suit makes a lot of heat. I'm dying."

He chuckled, "sorry. You want the shirt I'm wearing under my hoodie?"

I furrowed my eyebrows at him. "There's a shirt under that?"

"Um, yeah? Why wouldn't I?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't know. I just didn't think you had a shirt under it. Can I borrow it?"

"Yeah, hold on." He took his hoodie off and asked me to hold it. Then he took the white shirt he had under it off, and my face when red. "Here," he said, offering it to me.

I awkwardly handed him his hoodie and looked at him. "How am I going to get this on?"

"Um," he looked around, "there's no one here. I can probably just cover you up and you and put it on."

I hesitated before telling his to stand behind me. He used his hoodie he hasn't put back on yet to cover my front. I was facing the entrance to the Hotlands and I took the hoodie off. Before I could put the white shirt on, Sans poked a spot on my back.

"Where's this from?" he asked, his voice almost sad. "You have a long scar on your back."

"Oh, my dad did that. It was a couple years ago, it's fine." I slipped the shirt on and turned around to look at Sans. "Thanks, Sans."

He smiled sadly at me. "No problem kid. C'mon, I have a hotdog stand around here."

We went over to his hotdog stand and he smirked at me, "I have a challenge for you. I wanna see how many hotdogs you can balance on your head."

I glared playfully at him, "oh, you're on."

29 hotdogs balanced on my head later, Sans laughed. "I'll be 'frank' with you. As much as I like putting hot dogs on your head, thirty is just an excessive number. Twenty nine, now that's fine, but thirty... Does it look like my arms can reach that high?"

I ended up laughing so hard most of the hot dogs fell off my head, which made Sans start laughing too. We ended up laughing our asses off for around twenty minutes. After laughing, I wiped a tear from my eye and looked at Sans. He was smiling goofily at me, which made me fall into another fit of giggles.

"Whatcha giggling at, sweetcheeks?" he asked me, reaching to place a boney hand on my flushed cheek. My cheeks flushed even more.

"I don't know," I said quietly, looking down.

He put his other hand on my cheek and lifted my face so I was looking at him. "Don't get all quiet on me, now. You have a beautiful smile."

I don't think I've blushed this much ever. I smiled shyly, "thank you."

He smiled at me and leaned closer, and closer, until he kissed me. I was shocked for all of five seconds before I kissed back. A moment later he pulled away and smiled at me.

I looked at him real serious, and he cocked his head at me. "What?"

"How did you just kiss me when you don't have any lips?"

He looked at me real serious too, before laughing real loud. He held my face in his hands and kissed my cheek, still laughing. "I don't know, Sky, I don't know."

"Sky?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

His face was dusted with blue and he rubbed the back of his neck. "Yeah, it's a nickname. Figured you'd like it more than 'kid.'"

"I like kid."

"But you're sixteen."

I rolled my eyes, "oh hush. You can't use my words against me."

He smiled at me again, "whatever you say, kid."

~~ (: