33

I woke up with a crick in my neck and something soft under my head. I groaned and sat up, covering my eyes with my hand to block the sunlight that was streaming in. I looked around and saw Chara sleeping in the corner. There was a pillow where my head was and a blanket on top of me.

"She got me a blanket?" I asked, standing up, my knees and back popping as I did. I stretched my arms over my head, trying to loosen the tense muscles in my back. Who knew sleeping on the ground on a mountain could be so painful?

I walked out the shack and sat near the edge of the opening and thought. What was I going to do? There was no way we could that fall back down. That would be suicide. Literally. I sighed as I heard ruffling from inside the shack and Chara came out a moment later.

"I could hear you thinking in there. What's up?"

I shrugged, "just trying to figure out how we're going to get back down there."

"Y'know, I was thinking. What if, instead of going back down there, we get them to come up here."

I turned around and raised an eyebrow at her, "and how would we do that?"

"Well, you need one strong monster soul and a bunch of human souls to break the barrier, right? Let one of them out, like Sans or Undyne, and we can persuade the humans to help break the barrier."

I pondered on the thought before nodding my head. "That might actually work. But, how are we going to get Sans or Undyne up here?"

Chara sighed, "didn't think of that." Her stomach grumbled, "we should get some food."

I nodded and stood, "but, before we do that, I've got to piss like a racehorse."

Chara giggled, "let's just go back to that place we went last night. I mean, we can't steal anything, but if we do like homeless people do and just hang around outside begging for food, maybe we'll get something. Or, do they not have homeless people anymore? I haven't been to the surface for a long time."

"When did you fall?"

She thought for a moment, "198X."

I smiled, "so, technically, you're like my older sister."

Chara wrinkled her nose, "yeah, but you look older, and you technically are older, because I haven't aged since I fell. So you're the older one."

"What if it's like in the Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children books and if you leave your loop, which for you would be the Underground, you age really fast until you turn to dust."

"Miss Peregrine? What?"

"Nevermind. Just a book I read awhile back. Anyways, let's go."

When we had full stomachs (and empty bladders), we walked back up Mt. Ebott. "This is technically like our little home," Chara said, rearranging her blanket and pillow in the shack.

"Yeah, I guess you could see it like that. It's pretty shit, to be honest."

"No, it's like," she sighed. "It's hard to explain. It's like us."

"How is it like us? Are you comparing me to a shack made out of rotten wood?"

"No," she laughed. "I mean, it's broken, but still standing. Like you. It's got a history that not many people may know about, like me. It's like us."

"Wow," I said, nodding. "Who knew you could be so poetic?"

She shrugged, "what can I say? I'm a woman of many talents."

"So, what are we going to do to entertain ourselves? We have no TV, no Internet, and nothing oldschool, like a board game or cards."

Chara pretended to stroke a beard before saying, "do you know that game where it's like 'I spy' and so on?"

"Yeah. That's called I Spy."

"Oh, shush. We could do that."

"Inside a shack?"

"No dummy," she said, throwing her pillow at me. I caught it and threw it back. "We go outside the shack."

"Ohhhh, I get it. Okay, let's go." We stepped out the shack, "you go first."

"OKay." Chara looked around before smiling. "I've got a difficult one. I spy something... made of wood."

"The shack," I said.

"Nope! Guess again."

I smiled and looked around. This was kind of fun. "A house?" She shook her head, grinning to herself. "A tree."

"How'd you guess?" she whined.

"I guess I'm just that good."

She huffed, "whatever. Your turn."

"Hmmm," I tapped my chin as I looked around. "I spy..." What do I spy? "I spy something green."

"Do you know how many green things are in the world? You don't make this any easier."

"Just guess."

"Alright," she groaned. "Leaves?" I shook my head. "Um, grass?" I shook my head again. "I give up"

I smirked, "I'll give you a hint. It's on your person right now."

She furrowed her eyebrows before looking around. "My sweater?" I nodded. "Oh! That was good! You really are amazing at this."

"I know. You're turn."

"I spy the best sister in the world," she said, looking at me.

"Me?" I asked slowly. No way she could be talking about me. She barely knows me.

"Yep."

"What? Why? I'm shit."

She shook her head, "no. You're kind, funny, and you're actually going to help me. You're exactly like Lilith, and I like being around you."

"Aww," I said, hugging her around her shoulders and putting my chin on her head. "Well, if I'm being honest. You're kind of like my favorite sister."

"Do you even have a sister?"

"Nope."

She rolled her eyes, "figured. Oh well, as long as I'm your favorite."