52

"Shit shit shit shit shit," Sans yelled as we fell down. He rolled over while we were in the air so he would land first.

"Wait, no," I said, moving to the bottom. Before he could protest and move back, we hit the ground. I banged my nose really hard on the pillow of flowers and groaned.

"Skylar? Sky, are you okay? Hey," he said, unstrapping himself from my back and sitting up, slowly lifting me up and turning me to face him. "Ah jeez, I'm so sorry. I wish you hadn't of turned over. I would have much rather myself get hurt and not you."

"No, it's fine," I said, pulling the bottom of my shirt up to wipe the blood off my nose. "I don't mind getting hurt so you don't. You don't have the higher HP here."

Sans sighed, "I know, and I'm glad you care about me, but I hate seeing you hurt."

I smiled, "it's fine, I don't mind. C'mon, let's go find Papyrus."

We made our way to Hotlands and into Alphys' lab. "Do you think he's okay?" I asked, holding a tissue we got from Sans' house on the way here.

"I hope so. I just, I don't understand why he stayed down here. He's always been so excited to get to the surface, I don't understand why he's so," he paused, trying to find the right word, "reluctant."

I shrugged, "maybe he's scared something will happen."

"But he doesn't know about resets. At least I don't think he does. And I know you wouldn't reset." He looked at me, "you won't, right?"

"'Course not. Why would I? I want you guys out. If I was going to reset it all anyways I wouldn't have helped."

He nodded and we walked into the elevator to Alphys' lab. "I get that. You know, I'm really glad you fell down here," he said while pressing the button for her floor. "Of course, I'm not happy about the circumstances on why you fell, and if your father was still alive I would probably kill him, but I'm glad I met you. I love you," he said, smiling at me.

"I love you too," I said when the doors opened. We stepped out the elevator and made our way to her lab. "I hope he's in here, I have no clue where else he'd be," I said while Sans was opening the door.

"Yeah, me too," he said. We walked through the place, looking everywhere for Papyrus. He was nowhere to be found. "Where is he?" Sans growled.

"I don't know. Have we checked everywhere?"

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure."

"Well, maybe we should split up to cover more ground and double check. I'll go look upstairs and you look down here."

Sans sighed, "I-I don't know. I'm kind of against splitting up, but I really want to find Paps so, I guess, yeah." He looked desperate, I could tell he was worried about Papyrus.

"Alright, so, I'll be up here, holler if you need anything or if you find him," I said, making my way to a stairwell and climbing the stairs two at a time.

I looked through every door and looked thoroughly through each room. I reached this one room that led to another staircase. I cocked my head at it and opened the door more and walked in the room. The door closed behind me and the room was very dark, only a small light to illuminate the stairwell.

"Um," I said, my voice echoing, "is anyone in here?" There wasn't a reply, so I carefully climbed the stairs and went through the door leading to the next floor. "What is this place?" I asked, looking around the dark corridor. It had a completely different feel than the rest of the lab. It was dark and eerie and cold. "Oh God, what did I get myself into?"

I walked slowly down the hall, my footsteps echoing off the walls. I looked around to each door, stopping to check the handles. They were all locked. I walked down to the end of the hallway and was about to turn onto the other one when I heard something in one of the rooms next to me. I walked up to it cautiously, slowly reaching my hand to the handle and turning it. The door opened.

"H-hello?" I called into the dark room. "Papyrus, is that you?"

There was something in the corner of the room that I could just barely make out. It was curled up in a ball, so I slowly made my way into the room and closer to it.

"Papyrus?" I asked, holding one hand out in front of me so I don't run into anything. "Hey, are you okay?"

The shape in the corner moved and faced me. "H-HUMAN?" it asked.

"Hey, Papyrus, why are you in here? How did you even get here?"

"I-I'M NOT SURE. I WAS JUST WALKING AROUND AND FOUND MY WAY HERE. I JUST WANTED TO BE ALONE TO THINK FOR A MINUTE."

"How long do you think you've been up here?"

"NOT THAT LONG. ALPHYS IS STILL DOWNSTAIRS, ISN'T SHE?"

"No, Papyrus, everyone is already above ground."

"REALLY? OH, SO WHY AREN'T YOU?"

"I wasn't going to leave you down here. Sans is here too, he's looking downstairs. They're going to put a barrier type thing at the entrance to the Underground so no one else falls in and gets hurt. Come on, we've got to get you to Sans."

"NO, I MIGHT STAY DOWN HERE," Papyrus said, turning back around to face the wall.

"What? Why?" I sat next to Papyrus and put my hand on his shoulder.

"THE UNDERGROUND IS ALL I'VE EVER KNOWN. I DON'T WANT THAT TO CHANGE. I HAVE SO MANY GOOD MEMORIES DOWN HERE, I'M JUST NOT READY TO LEAVE. I KNOW THAT EVERYONE ELSE WAS, EVEN SANS, BUT I DON'T KNOW IF I AM."

I sighed, "I think this is a conversation you need to have with Sans. I'm not going to be able to tell you what to and not to do, and I can't make your choices for you."

Papyrus sighed, "I KNOW, I SHOULD HAVE TALKED TO SANS ABOUT THIS A LONG TIME AGO, BUT HE WAS SO HAPPY TO GET OUT AND FOR THE RESETS TO STOP AND I DIDN'T WANT TO RUIN THAT FOR HIM."

"Papyrus, you know you wouldn't ruin anything. Sans would rather you talk to him than be upset."

Papyrus sighed, "I KNOW. COULD YOU GET HIM?"

"Yeah, do you want to come with me so you aren't in this room?"

"ALRIGHT," he said, standing up and following me out of the room. I lead him down the hallway and to the staircase. He walked ahead of me, holding onto the railing to not fall. I watched him go to the door to the stairwell and he looked back at me. "ARE YOU COMING?"

"Yeah, just thinking, go ahead and call for him, I'm positive he'll come."

"OKAY," Papyrus said, leaving me in the dark stairwell. What can't I move? I'm telling my legs to move but it's like I'm frozen.

"I told you you'd mess everything up," a voice said from inside my mind, but it wasn't my own.

"What was that?" I asked once I got my body to start working and I went down the stairs.

Wow, who woulda known that I am a shit person? It's been how long since I've updated? Two weeks? Maybe more? Jfc. Thank you for not tearing my head off in the comments, bc I've been trying really hard to type more but like. Writers block is a bitch. I had terrible writers block the first week and this week I had an essay due so the entire day Thursday I just wrote an essay. Fun times. BUT this story will be finished soon, and I plan to finish writing it this weekend and upload it. So, every time I finish a chapter, I'm going to upload it, so have fun with that. (and i've been working on another UT story bc i have so many ideas but shhh don't tell anyone) ANYWAYS ENJOY THIS YAYAYAYAY