42

After a lot of crying on my part and a lot of reassuring on Sans' part, I eventually wiped the last of my tears and turned to him. "Where is everybody?"

"Well, Paps is back at our house, Undyne is with the other members of the Royal Guard, and Toriel is talking to Asgore."

I nodded, "What's Undyne getting the Guard for?"

"She wants to fight Chara. Said that if she showed her punk face around here again that she wouldn't live to hurt another monster. I told her to chill out, and she punched me in the arm."

"Let me guess, you guys were in Snowdin."

"Yep," Sans smiled.

I sighed, "why am I not surprised you made a pun? Anyways, can we go see Paps?"

"Well, you can't because you don't have enough HP to be going anywhere, but I can call him up and ask if he wants to come here to see you."

I nodded, "sounds like a plan. And, about Undyne, what's she gonna do when she sees me?"

"Probably going to try to kill you, but I'll stop her." Sans winked at me as he got his phone out and called Papyrus.

I could hear him over the phone. "HELLO, BROTHER."

"Hey, Papy, Sky woke up and wants to know if you wanna come see her."

"WHY OF COURSE! I'LL MAKE SURE TO BRING SOME OF MY HOMEMADE SPAGHETTI!! I KNOW SHE MUST BE HUNGRY AFTER BEING ABOVE GROUND FOR SO LONG."

"Paps, it was literally like a few days."

"I KNOW, BUT SHE MUST NOT HAVE EATEN SO I'LL BRING SOMETHING."

Something beeped in the background. "Um, Paps, what is that?"

"JUST THE SMOKE ALARM. IT'S OKAY, GOTTA GO!"

Sans hung up the phone and looked at me. "So, how was the Above Ground?"

I shrugged, "nothing exciting. But I wasn't up there for a few days."

"What? Yeah you were."

I shook my head, "no. When I fell down here, it was 201X. When I went back up, it was 202X."

"What? Are you serious? You weren't here for more than a few weeks!"

"I know. Time passes a lot slower down here than up there. So, instead of me being gone for a couple days, it was more like weeks."

Sans looked down for a minute and then back up at me. "Where were your parents?"

"Dead. I stayed in a shack near the opening of the mountain. Chara and I would either steal food or act like we were homeless, which I guess we were, to beg for food."

Sans nodded slowly. "Did she ever try to hurt you before she pushed you down here?"

"No. She seemed very reluctant to push me as well. Like she didn't want to. It might have just been because it was dark, but I don't know."

"Okay, well, if she tries anything hen she realizes you're still alive I swear to go-"

"HUMAN, I SEE YOU'RE AWAKE!"

"Yes, I am, Papyrus," I said laughing. Papyrus literally kicked the door open because he was carrying a large pot of spaghetti. He still had oven mitts and an apron on.

"I RAN OVER AS SOON AS THE SPAGHETTI FINISHED COOKING BECAUSE I DID NOT WANT TO MAKE YOU WAIT TO HAVE MY AMAZING MEAL!"

"I appreciate that, thank you." Papyrus sat the pot on a table next to me and grabbed a bowl, from where I don't know, and started serving the meal. Sans sat next to the bed I was on and Papyrus sat next to him. "This is actually good, Papyrus," I said, taking a bite of the actually edible pasta.

"THANK YOU! IT TOOK ME A LONG TIME TO MAKE AND I THINK THIS IS MY BEST POT YET!"

"Sure is, Paps," Sans said, taking another bite. "Still doesn't beat my hot dogs though."

"WHAT? ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL ME THAT MY AMAZING SPAGHETTI ISN'T AS GOOD AS A HOT DOG?"

"That's exactly what I'm saying."

"AND WHY DO YOU BELIEVE THAT?"

"Because spaghetti is the wurst."

Papyrus was quiet until I started giggling. "SANS? DID YOU JUST MAKE A PUN?"

"I did."

"OH MY GOD!"

"C'mon, Paps. Let's be frank, hot dogs are the weiner of this debate."

"SANS! PLEASE, I CANNOT TAKE ALL OF YOUR PUNS! THEY MAKE ME VERY UPSET!"

"Oh, come on now, you love my puns. I've got plenty to tell."

"How many, exactly?" I asked, giggling.

"HUMAN, DON'T ENCOURAGE HIM!"

"A skele-ton of 'em."

"SANS I SWEAR TO GOD!"

Sans and I were laughing while Papyrus was flipping his shit. "Paps, Paps, I'm sorry. I just had to."

"NO, THS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOUR! I AM GOING TO GO GET UNDYNE SO I DO NOT HAVE TO LISTEN TO YOU TELL YOUR PUNS!"

"Did somebody say Undyne?" a female voice called out.

"YES! PLEASE TELL SANS AND THE HUMAN TO STOP SAYING THEIR RIDICULOUS PUNS!"

"Human?" Undyne turned the corner and when she saw me, she pulled up her spear. "You! It's all your fault! You started this!"

I covered my face with my hands as she charged for me, not wanting to see what would happen when her spear made contact with my already damaged skin.