4

'I'm so mad I didn't die when I fell down this damn mountain.'

I had a nightmare when I fell asleep. Not your usual one where a ghost pops up and scares you a little and you wake up. No, this one was where my parents, Papyrus, Sans, and even Toriel all ganged up on me and killed me. Over, and over, and over again. Every time I woke up and fell back asleep, I'd have the dream again. I must've died about 50 times. So I took a walk when I woke up for the last time, and had another flashback. This one much worse than the one yesterday. So I was upset and got into many encounters with monsters. I didn't dodge the bullets, still upset that I failed killing myself by jumping into a mountain, and was still trying to off myself. But every time I got down to almost dead, they would back off and I would regain full health. To say I was frustrated would be an understatement. Why can't I just die? What is the purpose for me to live? To get beat whenever I go home. I'm going to have to go home, I can't stay here for the rest of my life. If I do and my parents find me, oh it'll be bad.

Sighing, I sat in a bar called Grillby's and traced patterns into the wood of the bar.

"Hey, kid, you gonna get something?" I heard a voice ask. I looked up to see a man made of fire wearing glasses talking to me.

"Uh, no. Do I need to leave?"

"No, you're fine. Business is slow today. You can stay as long as you like."

I nodded and went back to tracing patterns.

Sans walked in a few moments later and sat down next to me. "Hey kid, you gettin somethin?"

Despite the growling in my stomach, I shook my head. "No, I'm good."

He looked at me, and I bet if he had eyebrows he'd be raising one at me. "I can literally hear your stomach growling from here. What do you want? I'll pay."

I sighed and told him fries, and he called the man made of fire over. "Hey, Grillbz, two orders of fries." Fire guy - who I'm assuming is Grillbz - nods and goes into the kitchen.

Sans smiled at me, "that's Grillby, he runs this place. He's a good friend of mine."

I nodded and looked down, tracing patterns again.

"You alright, kid? You seem a little down."

I sighed and looked at the skeleton, "'M fine, just been thinkin."

"Well, stop it, it's making you upset."

I nodded again, "alright, I have a serious question."

Sans looked a little weary but nodded, "I'm all ears. Oh wait, I don't have any."

I rolled my eyes at the skeleton. "What's it like to live down here? Like, I can tell you, it's nothing like the surface. Everyone's mean, and hurtful, and hurting, and you all are so... Nice. I don't understand why you want to go up there so bad." Sans had explained to me the monsters wanted to go to the surface on the way to his house yesterday.

Sans cocked his head at me, "why do you ask?" I shrugged. "Does it have something to do with that bruise on you cheek?" I looked up with wide eyes, and he chuckled. "Don't think I didn't notice. It's a huge bruise in the shape of a hand. It stands out."

I sighed, "my da-"

Grillby came out with our order of fries, "here you are."

"Thanks," Sans said before turning back to me. "What were you saying?"

I shook my head, "it's nothing."

Sans was worried about me, I could tell. He hovered around me, and if I went quiet, he would strike up a conversation. Honestly, I'm glad he cared, but I'd be happier if he didn't. That's just one more person who I'm going to end up hurting.