53

I stayed in the main room while waiting for Sans and Papyrus to finish talking. I wasn't about to interrupt them, I knew that it was something only they should know about. It didn't concern me. I could hear tiny snippets of the conversation every now and then, but it was just one of them talking a little too loud. I couldn't make anything out of it anyways.

Instead, I sat, and contemplated on if what I did was actually worth it. What if the humans attack the monsters again? What if another war breaks out? What if none of the monsters actually wanted out, they just thought they did? There were so many questions flying around in my head and I had no answers to any of them.

I sighed and stood up. I need to take a walk to clear my thoughts. "I wonder what's actually in that secret part of the lab," I said to myself, making my way to the stairwell. Before I opened the door, Sans called to me.

"Sky? C'mon, we're going," he said. I turned around and walked back to the main room and saw Sans and Papyrus standing there. "Where were you?"

"Huh? Oh, I was just looking around. Is everything okay between you two?"

"Yeah, we talked it out. Papyrus is coming above ground with the rest of us."

"Oh, that's good." I followed them out of the lab and Sans walked next to me. Papyrus got ahead of us and I whispered to Sans, "what would you have done if he wanted to stay?"

Sans shrugged, "probably woulda stayed down here with him."

"Oh," I said, looking down.

"You okay?" Sans asked, grabbing my hand.

"Yeah, but what about me? Wouldn't you want to be with me too?"

Sans sighed, "of course, I would have asked you to come with us, but I understand if you wouldn't want to. It's just, I have to stay with Papyrus. I've always been with him, our whole lives we've been together. Please don't take anything personally."

"I'm not. Sorry, I was overreacting."

"No, it's fine. I should have let you in on the conversation."

I shook my head, "no, that was between you and Papyrus. I don't mind that you didn't let me listen."

"Okay, as long as it's fine."

We walked for a little while longer before Papyrus stopped in front of us. "What's up, bro?" Sans asked, stopping behind him.

"OH HELLO! WHY AREN'T YOU WITH THE REST OF THE MONSTERS ABOVE GROUND?" he asked, bending down to look closer at something on the ground.

I peeked around him and saw... Flowey? "Hey, Sans," I said, leaning closer to him.

"Yeah? Can you see who it is?"

"It's Flowey."

Sans' eye sockets widened and he walked between Papyrus and Flowey. "Whadda you want, petals?"

"Leave me alone, Sans. I didn't ask for anyone to bother me. I just wanted to be alone," Flowey said, glaring at Sans.

"WHY, MISTER FLOWER? COME TO THE SURFACE WITH US, I'M SURE YOU WOULD LIKE IT BETTER!"

"No thanks, but I like it down here. Besides, you need a soul to pass through, and I ain't got one of those."

"So why are you here? You usually hang out in the Ruins, don't you?" Sans asked.

"Well yeah, but mo— I mean Toriel told me I should venture out and not be secluded to one spot."

Was he about to say mom?

"Okay, but just don't start anything. Monsters don't have to worry about being down here anymore, don't make us worry about what happens."

"I won't do anything. I'll do what I did when you guys were down here."

"What, sabotage everyone? Because there's no one to sabotage."

Flowey rolled his eyes, "alright comedian, could you just leave so I can get going, please? I have places to be, people to see." Flowey disappeared into the ground and I turned around, looking for him, and saw he was farther behind us.

"Oookay," Sans said. I turned around and saw he had continued on, as had Papyrus. I sped-walked over to them and got back beside Sans. "You good?" he asked me.

"Yeah, just eager to get back to the surface," I said.

"Yeah, me too," he replied, taking his hand out of his pocket and intertwining it with mine. "I have a feeling we'll be happier up there," he said quietly, as if to not let Papyrus hear.

"I do too," I whispered back, "and I know we will. Itt'll be better, everyone's nicer now."

He smiled at me and squeezed my hand, "I love you."

"I love you too," I said, smiling back at him.

Everything was getting better. I think we'll all be okay.

Then you'd be wrong, a voice in my head said, but I ignored it. I don't want anything to dampen my, and anyone else's, moods.

If the last chapter and this one sounds a little different from my regular writing it's because I'm battling writer's block and I cannot get through it. Did I say I was going to finish the story in a weekend? Bc I lied. I'm trying really hard to finish and chapter and then immediately update it, so I'll do that, bc I'm an ass and will forget to update. Here you go.