3

It was much like the temperature at home, but somehow slightly warmer. I didn't need to burrow into my sweater as much. I looked around, and as far as I could see was snow. Literally just snow.

I walked for a little while, walking across a stick which didn't break, but did when I was a few feet away. And I walked past a pair of trees and saw a shadow between them. Ignoring it, I continued on until I came across a bridge. The shadow I saw in the trees walked up behind me and was talking something about how when you meet a new pal you're supposed to shake their hand. I turned around to shake his hand and a loud sound came from a whoopee cushion in his hand.

He laughed about how the whoopee cushion in the hand trick was never old. He told me his name was Sans. Sans the Skeleton. He wore a blue hoodie, black gym shorts, and pink faded slippers. He was a generic skeleton, but he had white dots in his eye sockets and a smile. He was talking about his brother or something, but I stopped listening.

You remember how I said that I can read people easily? Well, I could read Sans, and I could tell that he was hurting. About what, I don't know, but I know he's waiting. Waiting on what to happen?

"Um, kid, ya listenin?" a voice interrupted my thoughts.

"Huh? Oh, sorry. I zoned out for a bit. What were you saying?"

His eyes turned completely black and he cocked his head. "Wow kid. I really hope you're not like the others, because if you are, you're going to have a bad time."

I gulped, nodding my head a bit. "I'm sorry, I was just thinking about something. I know you were talking about your brother. Papyrus, was it?"

His eyes turned back to normal. "Yeah, Paps. C'mon. I think you should meet him."

I nodded and followed him across the bridge into an area with a stand and a lamp.

"SANS!" I could hear someone yell from somewhere.

"Yeah bro." Sans said, sticking his hands in his pocket.

"HAVE YOU SEEN A HUMAN YET? UNDYNE SAYS WE STILL NEED ONE!" Papyrus ran to where Sans and I were standing. He was tall, skinny, and wore a red scarf with blue shorts, white shirt, and red boots and gloves.

He looked at me, "yeah bro. Got one right here."

"What?" I hissed. "What are you doing?"

"WHAT?! YOU FOUND A HUMAN!" He looked surprised at his brother. "YOU ACTUALLY DID YOUR JOB?" Papyrus ran to me and grabbed my arm rather roughly. "WE MUST TAKE THE HUMAN TO UNDYNE RIGHT NOW!"

"Or we could not do that. And you could give me my arm back." I said, tugging my arm from his strong grip.

"NONSENSE, HUMAN! WE MUST TAKE YOU TO UNDYNE."

"Hey, bro. Go easy on 'er."

I tugged my arm again and could feel my eyes tearing up again. I may seem like a giant crybaby, but you try having your arm held in a tight grip by a skeleton. I've got bones digging into my bones! "Please, let me go. I'll follow you, I will, I just..." I trailed off, tears falling down my face.

"Paps! Hey, be careful, alright. Humans aren't like us, they're delicate." Sans tried to get Papyrus to loosen his grip on my wrist, but he was just too excited about me seeing Undyne.

"BROTHER! THE HUMAN IS FINE! I AM NOT HURTING THEM."

"Yes you are, bro. Just... stop for a second. They're crying."

Papyrus stopped walking, dropping my wrist and gasping when he saw I was crying. "HUMAN! I AM SO SORRY, I DID NOT KNOW!"

I smiled a bit, sitting on the snow-covered ground and pulling my knees to my chest. "It's fine," I sniffled, burying my face in my knees. "You didn't mean to."

"Hey," Sans said, sitting next to me and wrapping an arm around my shoulders. "You alright? Lemme see your wrist."

'No, no, I'm fine. It's not that he was hurting me, it just reminded me of something that happened."

"What happened?"

I got lost in my thoughts again, thinking back to that time. The time dad first hit me.

"Skylar!" dad called when he walked into the house. I could tell that he was drunk. "Could you come down here for a second."

"Coming!" I yelled from upstairs, getting off my bed after marking the page I was on in my book and going downstairs. "Yeah dad?" I asked once I got in front of him.

"C'mere. Lemme touch you."

"Um," I said, moving a step back, not liking where this was going.

Dad rolled his eyes and moved closer to me, leaving no space between us. "Alright, since you want to play it difficult, guess I'll just have to join you." He grabbed my wrist and dragged me to the basement. He threw me down the steps and chuckled darkly. "Well, since you're going to act like a bitch, I'm going to treat you like on. No dinner, no water, and no coming out until your mother comes home. Which," he checked his watch, "is in two days. Have fun!"

I didn't notice I was crying until Sans used the sleeves of his hoodie to wipe my tears away. Papyrus was sitting next to me now too, and had a very worried look on his face.

"HUMAN? ARE YOU ALRIGHT?" he asked, his voice considerably lower.

"Yeah, yeah I'm alright. Sorry, zoned out again." I looked at Papyrus and then at Sans, then at Papyrus again. I could tell Papyrus didn't know what was up with Sans either, so I couldn't ask him. It seemed like Sans didn't want to tell anyone on purpose. I looked back at Sans and could tell a lot about the kind of person he was. He put up a front, pretended to be fine, and did all he could not to rely on someone.

Sans cocked his head at me again when he noticed me staring. "Yeah kid? Do I have somethin on my face?"

I smiled, "no. Just thinking."

He nodded slowly before standing up and helping me up, along with Papyrus. He smiled at the both of us, "welp kid, you look chilled to the bone, why don't we head over to me and Pap's house." Papyrus was yelling in the background, causing me to giggle. Sans smiled and me and winked. On the whole way to the skele-bros house, Sans was cracking puns left and right and Papyrus was screaming.

'Why did I want to kill myself? These two are awesome. I'm glad I didn't die.'

~~Ahh.  I'm putting three up today bc I can.