43

"Undyne, calm down," Sans said. I slowly opened my eyes to see Undyne's spear hovering above me. Sans was holding it in the air with his magic.

"What? No! She left Alphys up there!"

"I understand that, but now is not the time to be thinking irrationally. If anything, we need her now more than ever."

I raised my eyebrow at Sans, "so you didn't need me before?"

His cheekbones flushed a light blue, "oh, hush, you know what I meant. We need you to help us get through the barrier. It takes one strong monster soul and seven human ones to completely break the thing, but with one of us and you, we could slowly get at least a few out. We could stop Chara and get Alphys back and everything will be back to normal."

Undyne glared at me for another moment before looking at Sans and sighing, "if it's the only way we can get Alphys back, fine. But, I'm not trusting her alone with any other monster anymore," she said, glaring back at me.

I shrugged, "that's fine. I get that you don't trust me right now, I wouldn't trust me either. But, you do have to understand the reason I did it."

"Oh yeah, what was that?"

"She wanted to free all of us," Sans said.

Undyne cocked her head at me but spoke to Sans. "How are you sure she isn't lying about that? How do you know she isn't possessed by Chara right now? It's happened to Frisk before."

Sans shrugged, "I don't know. But I trust her, and trust is an important thing when it comes to something this serious."

"And if she breaks your trust again?"

Sans just smirked, "we'll see if we get there."

I shuddered, a chill running down my spine at the tone Sans used. "Alright, well, what are we going to do?"

"Well, we're going to let you rest a bit more, your HP is still too low for my liking, and then we're going to get me the fuck outta here."

"Wait, why you?" Undyne asked. "I'm the one that likes Alphys, it should be me!"

Sans shook his head, "no, I don't want you getting hurt. Especially since you're the one who likes Alphys. Imagine how she would feel if you ended up dying."

"BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN IT'S OKAY FOR YOU TO DIE, BROTHER," Papyrus spoke up.

Sans smiled, "I know, I know. But I'm careful. Remember all those practices we used to do when we were younger, Paps?"

"YES. THOSE WERE VERY FUN. WE SHOULD DO ONE AGAIN THIS TIME. WE COULD INVITE UNDYNE AND ALPHYS, AND MAYBE THE HUMAN TOO!"

Sans chuckled, "yes, I think we could. But, you remember how careful I was not to get hurt doing those."

"YES, OF COURSE. BUT I WAS ALSO CAREFUL NOT TO HIT YOU."

"Just imagine it's like that. A practice. Everything will be okay, Papyrus."

"I won't let him get hurt," I added. "I will be going with you, right?"

"Yeah, yeah. The human can come with."

I chuckled, "awesome. I wonder how long it's been since I fell down here again."

Sans rolled his eyes, "eyes on the money, darling. Eyes on the money."