22

Sans was angry. So, so angry. He was determined to stop Chara from killing. "Mettaton's next. Come on, I know where that is." He dragged me to the core of the Core.

"What is this place?" I asked, slowing down.

"It's kind of like a giant machine before the palace. I'm not entirely sure what it is, I just know who made it."

"Who made it?"

"A man named W.D. Gaster. He used to be the royal scientist, like Alphys is now, but he was killed by his own creation."

"What happened?"

"No one really knows, but people say he just fell into the Core."

I nodded and he continued dragging me to where the Mettaton fight is. "God, I hope we get there in time," I heard him mutter to himself.

"It'll be fine, Sans. We'll get there."

Sans sighed, "let's say stuff like that whenever we do get there."

We walked into the room then. Mettaton was there, facing the door. Chara was there too, her back facing us.

"What a nice surprise," Chara said, turning around. 'I figured you'd come here. Obviously you would, you want to save your friends. Well, you're too late. You've already lost everyone you care about. Except," Chara looked at me, "you. But, that's about to change. This isn't a fight between me and Mettaton, it's between me and Skylar."

Chara draws near! Chara entered a fight with me. What? I'm never going to beat her!

"Chara! What the hell? Why are you fighting her? Just fight me! I'm your end game. Kill me!" Sans yelled, trying to come between Chara and I. Chara wouldn't let him.

"No. You're not my end game. Humanity is. I don't want to watch you die, but if it gets me to aboveground, then I'll do it." Chara took a swipe at me, and I dodged it. Miraculously.

"So why are you attacking her? Just kill me!"

Chara chuckled, "you don't know, I'm assuming. So I guess she doesn't know either."

"Know what?" he asked.

"Never mind that, just know that I have to kill Skylar so I can kill you." Chara swung at me again, and I dodged again. Maybe if I could get Sans to keep talking it would distract her enough that I could get a hit at her. Oh, what am I saying? I'll never be able to win against her.

"Chara. Please. Don't do this."

Chara rolled her eyes, "oh, shut up. You're acting like such a little kid. Honestly, I expected this from Papyrus, not you."

I widened my eyes at her, how could she just say that? "Honestly, you're such a drama queen."

"What?" she asked, not expecting me to talk.

"You're such a drama queen. Like, why do you hate humanity? There's no reason. You're just doing this because you're a hateful person, so just say that. You don't need to make up some fake excuse like 'I hate humanity.' Like damn, what's your problem?"

Chara growled at me swinging her knife again. I didn't have enough time to dodge again, so she hit me. She took a lot of damage. I heard her say, "I have plenty of reasons. I just don't have time to explain them to scum like you." And then I saw a pixelated heart shatter before everything went dark.