37

After we had eaten some more and arranged a blanket and a pillow for Alphys, we set off to bed. "Sorry we don't have an actual house for you to stay in. This is all there was."

"N-no, it's f-fine. I'm okay with this. Um, what year is it here?"

"202X. I was surprised that time passed so slow in the Underground. I thought I was only down there for two weeks."

"It's 202X? Wow, time does pass quickly here. I thought they were just making it up."

"Who's they?"

"The older monsters. I wasn't around when we were put into Mt. Ebott. I was born down there, but they always said the days dragged on compared to what it was like on the surface."

I nodded, "they do. I'm still like, 'woah, it's night already? It wouldn't even be noon in the Underground!'"

"I was trying to send the device at a proper time for when you'd be awake. I wasn't even sure if you'd be up here, I was just hoping. I made about four other devices in case you missed that one. Good thing you were awake."

"Yep." I laid down and sighed. "Do you really think we'll be able to convince the monsters that I didn't have bad intentions? I mean, they probably all know what I did by now."

Alphys sighed, "I don't know. You're not a bad person, that I do know. I'm sure we can figure something out."

"I'm sorry," Chara whispered.

"Chara? I thought you were asleep. What are you sorry for?"

Chara rolled over and looked at me and Alphys. "I got you into this mess. You would probably still be happy with Sans if I hadn't started all this."

"No, it's okay. I don't blame you, don't think that. I just, I'm trying to figure out what to do."

Chara still sighed, but she rolled over and soon enough her breaths evened out.

"So," Alphys whispered to me, "tell me how you and Chara are cool."

I smiled slightly, "she told me a story about her older sister, and she said I reminded her of her and that she wasn't going to do anything bad anymore and she would help fix this."

"And you believed her?"

I sat up and looked over at Alphys, "well, yeah. What's any kind of relationship without trust. I trust her to keep her word, and she trusts me to help her and act like her sister."

Alphys nodded, "that makes sense, I guess. But aren't you worried she'll stab you in the back?"

I shrugged, "well then that's something I'll handle when it gets here. For now, I want to help you guys get out. That's all."

Alphys nodded and I laid back down. I closed my eyes, and it was silent for a few moments before Alphys spoke up again. "You know, this is my first sleepover. Can we have a pillow fight?"

I rolled my eyes, "go to sleep." Alphys giggled before rolling over and eventually she fell asleep too.

Sighing, I stared at the ceiling of the shack until my eyes blurred and I couldn't keep my eyelids open. I settled into a comfortable position and submitted myself to sleep.