Meeting You: Day 1

Lucy (Sunday)

I can't believe that Dad kicked me out of the house just because I enrolled to Fairy Academy, a music school. I mean, he accepted that I can enroll to Fairy Academy but he bought me an apartment that's close to it, making me leave out of the house.

Unbelievable.

As I move in the boxes inside the apartment door, I stumble and trip over.

"Kya!"

The four boxes fall out of my hands and scatter all around my doorway. I sigh and mentally curse to myself. Moving in is just so tiring already.

"Whoa, are you okay?" A random guy asks, gathering the boxes I had dropped.

"Um...no, I am not okay. I'm having a really hard time moving into my new apartment." I reply, removing my hair from my face to see the person.

He has salmon hair and green eyes that stared deeply into my brown orbs with perfectly tanned skin and he's wearing a white scaly scarf that's wrapped nicely around his neck.

"Might as well help you with your stuff, new neighbor. I hope you're not as crazy as my previous neighbors. They party a lot." He chuckles, and I laugh.

"I'm not that crazy. I'm just a peaceful person." I respond, standing up and grabbing a box from his hands.

"I hope so. My name is Natsu Dragneel. Yours?"

"Lucy...Lucy Heartfilia." I said, smiling back as I open my apartment door.

"Did you just move in?" He asks, entering.

"Yesterday. Right now, I'm just getting my stuff in from my old house." I said, setting a box down on a table.

"Cool. So you're living alone?"

"Yep. I guess I'm starting my life alone." I said, smiling sadly.

"Don't worry. You can hang out with me and we can both get to know each other. Life is hard when you're lonely." Natsu says, making a face.

"Uh..sure. Sounds good to me."

"Cool! Where do you want me to set this?"

"Oh, just over there. I'll unpack everything by myself. Thanks for the help." I said.

I watch Natsu looking around the apartment and he sighs. Confused, I awkwardly approach him. Why did he just sigh like that? Does he not like the way it looks or something!?

"I think you're gonna need some help with unpacking." He said, his expression serious.

"N-No, I'm fine. But thanks for the offer. I'm okay with doing this by myself!"

"Are you sure?" He pressures, which made me uncomfortable.

"Yep! Don't worry, I'll be fine."

"Okay, whatever you say." Natsu says, and places the boxes where I told him to.

He waves goodbye and shuts the door gently. I sigh, feeling a bit odd. I have been getting dizzy since this morning and I don't know why. Maybe it's because I haven't eaten anything yet.