Running and Running: Day 2

Lucy (Monday)

We went to a cafe the next day in the afternoon. It was now Monday and I just need seven more days for me to go to the music school. Ugh, life just feels great right now. Should I take a advantage of that?

Yes.

Natsu and I are at the café because we decided to talk more and get to know one another. Yesterday, we exchanged numbers so we can call and text each other. It doesn't mean anything though, we're just friends.

"Lucy? What would you like to order?" Natsu asks, making me snap out of my thoughts.

"Huh? Oh! I would like to have a vanilla shake and a brownie. Sorry for taking too long." I tell the waiter, and she nods, understanding.

"No problem. Anything else?"

"No, it's fine. We're good."

The waiter leaves, making Natsu and I alone at our table. I suddenly get the chills and I rub my arm, trying to keep warm. It's fall, and the sun is out shining and giving out heat the best it can. But, I still feel cold and nervous.

"What were you thinking about?" Natsu asks, starting the conversation.

"Oh, I was just thinking about music. That's all." I said, brushing it off.

"Oh, so you're a musician?"

"Well, I guess you can say that. I'm still learning how to play the violin and the piano but what I do know is the guitar, the trombone, and drums! Maybe just a tiny bit of the French horn." I said, grinning,

My mother taught me how to play multiple instruments. I was always so fond of music and the melody that my mother caught on and decided to teach me. It's been my dream to become a musician after hearing my mother play.

"Wow, impressive. I don't even know how to play the drums myself. Maybe you can teach me how to play it one day." He says, sneering.

"Oh, so you play instruments too? What kind?"

"Yes. I do play instruments. I play the piano, violin, guitar, the flute, and lastly, a tiny bit of the French horn as well. Except for the drums. Still practicing though."

"Awesome! What type of music do you like?" I ask, intrigued in the topic of music.

"I like classical and pop. Sometimes, I like to listen to rap; makes me feel like a badass every time I head to the gym. Well, it's only if I have time to go over there."

I chuckle, "I love pop and classical too. What kinds of songs do you play with your instruments?"

Well, would you look at that? We have things in common already. Talking to Natsu about something that we have in common is making me feel...great inside. I'm glad I know someone who is passionate about music like I am besides my mother.

"My friends and I play Seven Nation Army. We sort of play different instruments. One of us plays the trombone, the flute, and the French horn. We also play others too but I like Seven Nation Army better." Natsu says, smirking.

"I've wanted to play Seven Nation Army ever since I first heard it! But, I couldn't because I don't have a band like you do."

"We'll play it one day together." Natsu says, with a tint of enthusiasm in his tone of voice.

We begin to talk about other things, and it really amazes me how we easily connect with each other. Natsu is a best friend that I always wanted to have. I'm so happy I met him!