"Staying Strong"

"That's our story...from the first day we met to here." I said, smiling at Natsu as he held my hand.

"That's so wonderful. I'm really sorry that I wasn't there for you when the breakup was going on, Lucy." Mom said, and I just brushed it off.

"Don't worry, Mom. Although I was sad...we went back together."

"So...where are you guys planning on getting married?" Dad asked, and I shrieked.

"Dad! I'm too young! I'm barely seventeen!" I exclaimed, but Natsu answers for me.

"When Lucy is just the right age to be married with me. Probably when she's twenty four."

I blushed, sinking in my seat.

"A-Anyways, that's everything you guys need to know." I said, smiling.

"Lucy...please inform me of what's happening in your life. I hate it when you never told me about the lockdown and the gunman shooting you and Natsu at school. Also, the car crash you had with Levy. It's horrible that you never told me any of that." Mom pouted.

I felt bad but I reassured her something.

"I didn't wanted to worry you, Mom. In fact—"

*Beeeep*

I turned to face what the noise was and it was the heart monitor.

I gasped. The line was straight...

"Daddy!! Dad! Wake up! Please!" I cried, shaking him awake.

He wasn't opening his eyes and his body was just dead.

"We need a doctor now!!" Natsu shouted outside the door, which alerted our friends.

"What's happening?" Cana asked, but I wasn't paying attention to any of their words.

"Daddy!!"

Mom was silently crying and I went to her side to hug her.

"Oh honey. I'm really sorry."

"God, why him!? Why did it had to be him!?" I stomped on the door, my anger getting the best of me.

"Calm down, Lucy. Shh...stay calm. It's going to be okay."

"No! No it's not! Dad is gone and what am I going to do without him!? Huh!? Give me a God damn reason!"

"Come on, Lucy. Let's get out of the room so the doctor can cure him. Let's go."

Mom and I walked out of the door and saw that everyone was waiting outside.

My mind was all over the place. It was wild and it was telling me to just go into a meltdown.

"Hey, just remember that I'm here. Your friends are here. And your mom is here too. You're not alone."

"Natsu."

He was hugging me from behind and more tears fell down.

"Don't cry, Lucy. I hate seeing you like that. Just calm down. Your father is in a better place right now."

I nodded my head and tried not to cry but tears kept flowing down my cheeks.

"Mom? Wasn't it three days? This is the s-second day, I don't know what happened."