Showing Confidence

"That was such a beautiful performance! Give it up for Gajeel and Juvia!" Mavis announced, and the crowd cheers.

"It's almost our turn..." Sheria said, coming back from the bathroom.

"Yep. I'm really nervous." I said, sweating.

"But you know what they say, save the best for last!"

I nodded my head and up next was Wendy, Cana, and Kinana!

"Alright, give it up for Cana, Wendy, and Kinana singing Wings by Little Mix! Their music teacher is Erza Scarlet!"

The crowd cheers and the three go on stage.

The music started to play after a couple of minutes and Cana started to sing.

"Mama told me not to waste my life! She said, spread your wings, my little butterfly! Don't let what they say keep you up at night and if they give you shh, then they can walk on by!"

Kinana went up next and I must say, her voice is really strong!

"My feet, feet can't touch the ground and I can't hear a sound, but you just keep on running up your mouth, yeah! Walk, walk on over there! 'Cause I'm too fly to care, oh yeah!"

Cana later comes back and shows some sass to the audience, smirking.

"Your words don't mean a thing! I'm not listening! Keep talking, all I know is mama told me not to waste my life! She said spread your wings, my little butterfly! Don't let what they say, keep you up at night and they can't detain you 'cause wings are made to fly~ and we don't let nobody bring us down! No matter what you say it won't hurt me! Not matter if I fall from the sky...these wings are made to fly!"

Wendy finally shows and starts to sing.

"I'm firing up on that runway. I know we're gonna get there someday, but we don't need no ready, steady go no! Talk, talk turns into air and I don't even care! Oh yeah!"

The crowd cheers and the three continued to sing in such a happy mood, feeling proud.

Wendy was smiling while Cana was smirking as Kinana was flashing were happy grin.

They danced and had fun on stage. I'm surprised that Wendy is confident since she's sometimes shy performing onstage.

I just smiled at their performance. I hope Levy, Sheria, and I have confidence just like them.

Their performance soon ended and the crowd roars with cheers and whistles!

"Woohoo!! That was fantastic!"

"That's my team! Team Scarlet for the win!!" Erza yelled, and everyone laughs.

"Amazing performance! Give it up for Cana, Wendy, and Kinana!!"

The audience cheers and claps for the team and they came running back behind the stage.

"Man, that was so embarrassing but I nailed it!" Cana said, and I chuckled.

"You all did and amazing job singing. I love how you showed your happiness and confidence." I said, smiling.

"Thanks! I'm sure you three will play your song with confidence as well." Wendy said, encouraging.

"It was a pleasure to sing with these two girls. I'm actually a professional singer...that's why Cana hired me." Kinana said, and I gasped.

"Eh!? Wow, that's really clever, Cana."

"Thanks...but right now, I need a drink!"

Cana goes off, running around the stage looking for a bottle.

We all chuckled and Mavis soon announces that we would be taking a five minute break.

"C'mon Lu-Chan, Sheria! We have to go see Natsu! He told me in a text message that once the five minute break begins, he would tell us something." Levy said, pulling our hands.

"Whoa!"

We ran out of the backstage and Natsu was already in front of us.

"Yo, glad you remembered, Levy."

"I always remember. I am smart after all."

"Right. Anyways, I need to tell you guys something."

"Spill the beans." Sheria said, and Levy and I nodded.

"Well, as you can see. The performers have some kind of action and emotion. In Gajeel and Juvia's performance, they were showing anger and sadness. Cana, Wendy, and Kinana were showing happiness and confidence. What I want you guys to do is show emotions."

"We've already got this in the bag, Natsu! No need to worry!" Levy smirked, and I nodded.

"Yep!" I cheered, and Natsu smiles at me.

"Good. I'm sure you three will surprise me with good vibes. Sheria, remember the names. Levy, remember the pitch. Lucy...remember to be confident."

We all nodded and soon, the five minute break was over.

We entered back behind the stage and sighed, feeling anxious.

"We're almost up. I'm really nervous." Sheria said, looking down.

"Hey, just like Levy said, we got this in the bag." I comforted, and she nodded.

"Yeah, you're right."

"Alright! We're finally back with the competition! Next up for performing is by themselves and that is Meredy singing Just Like Fire by Pink!"

The crowd cheers and Meredy hope up on stage looking amazing with the orange and red outfit.

"I would like to say some words before I start performing. May I?" Meredy asks.

"Yes, go ahead."

"Thank you. This song is special to me and behind the meaning of this song is that you need to be yourself and believe in yourself. Be who you wanna be! Be unique and confident that you were born this way. Well, in a good way. Be crazy! Be dramatic! Be anything! Anyways, let's get this started..."

And with that, Meredy begins.