Going to Crocus

"How's your leg?" Natsu asked after I got home.

"It's healing. How about you?"

"It doesn't hurt much like it did a few hours ago at school. I'm glad you weren't hurt that much."

I smiled.

"Yep. I just feel bad for Mavis. She experienced something horrible with Zeref." I said, remembering the scene where she needed help.

"Yeah, I do too. But I'm sure she'll get over it...probably."

I nodded my head and rubbed my leg where the bullet shot me.

"This will forever be a memory."

***

The next day, I decided to take a day off for my leg to heal a little.

Well, more like I won't be coming to school early in the morning.

But that feeling in my gut that Sting will post the banner at school will come true.

I just hope it doesn't.

I stood up from bed and slowly walk towards the door. It was the 10:28 AM so I'm guessing that Natsu is finally teaching his lesson after the whole talk about yesterday.

I sighed and walked out the door. I haven't eaten anything yet and my stomach is growling.

After making it to the kitchen, I grabbed the Nutella jar, a knife, and the bag of bread loaf.

I opened the bag and took one piece of bread out. Later, I opened the Nutella jar and inserted gently the knife.

I spread the Nutella on the bread and once it was covered in chocolate, I made it into a taco shape and took a bite.

It's been a while since I've eaten this and it's a blessing that I'm eating it now.

"Wow. I can't believe I stopped eating this. This is amazing."

I danced with music in my head as I happily ate my chocolate sandwich.

"Baby I don't need dollar bills to have fun tonight. (I love cheap thrills!)"

I danced to the song of Sia when suddenly, I was receiving a phone call.

I walked towards my phone and looked at the ID caller.

It was my mother.

I gulped, anxious. I slowly answered the call and spoke.

"Y-Yes?"

"Lucy, hey honey. How's it going?"

"Good. Is something wrong? How's Dad!?"

"Wow. You really are smart. A-Anyways, your father is..." I heard Mom sobbing and I can already feel the tears coming out of my eyes.

"Mom! What happened to him!?" I yelled, and Mom cried out even more.

"Your father only has three days to live, Lucy! I was so scared to tell you yesterday and I–"