I've Been Looking For You

"Dad? Dad!? Dad, where are you!? Dad!!" A seven year old Natsu shouted through the woods.

He ran around, searching for his father that wasn't in the cabin.

"Dad!! Where are you!? Did you just leave me without saying anything!? DAAAD!!"

"Dad!" Natsu shouted, waking up from the nightmare.

He was sweating and breathing hard. Natsu places his hand against his forehead and stares at nothing.

"Dad. Just where are you?" He muttered, gulping.

Natsu went back to laying down on the bed and stared at the ceiling, thinking.

'Man, I've been dreaming about this nightmare since forever. Did something actually happened to Dad?'

***

As I yawned and stretched from my bed, something smelled good in the kitchen.

Wait a minute? Who in the world is in my apartment!?

I stormed out of bed and walked out of the room. In the kitchen, I saw Natsu cooking.

"Natsu! How did you get in here!?"

"Oh, morning Luce. I just came through the window and decided to cook you breakfast." He smiled, and I deadpanned.

"Well, you scared me. I thought someone else was inside my apartment. And good morning." I said, going towards the bathroom.

"Oh and Luce? Look down."

"Huh?"

I looked down and saw that I was only wearing an oversized shirt and panties.

I heard Natsu laughing once I began to freak out.

"Kya! You didn't had to see that!!" I punched Natsu in the face as he falls down the ground.

"Gah!"

"You're an idiot! Couldn't you cover your eyes!?"

"What!? I've already seen your body anyways! Plus, I've seen it naked before!"

"Huh!?"

"Remember that time when we were going to the formal dance and I accidentally walked in on you? Your towel fell." He explained, and I blushed.

"Yeah! I know that! Don't even remind me."

Natsu laughed while I pouted. He's such a dense dummy!

***

Natsu and I decided to not go to Fairy Academy. I already texted Levy that I wasn't going and she told me to just have fun with Natsu.

Natsu and I are going somewhere. He told me that it'd be a surprise and I'm really excited.

Natsu drove down the road to a big city with crowed people.

"What's this?" I asked, looking at the festivity.

"This is a festival. It's called the Pumpkin Festival. Don't worry about us getting caught, this place is only for adults."

"But, I'm not even an adult yet. I'm barely seventeen."

"You're gonna pretend. Just follow my lead, okay?"

I shrugged and nodded, agreeing to his plan.

We walked out of the car and I shut the door. The festival had music, tons of food, people, decorations, desserts, games, and much more!

"Wow, this looks amazing!"

"The Pumpkin Festival is open every Sunday and Monday. But it's only open in October and November."

"Interesting."

We both entered the festival and it was so crowded! Natsu held my hand and led me down the path.

I stared at everything in awe and it was just so beautiful. The lights and decoration are amazing and the people seem to be having a lot of fun.

There were rides such like roller coasters, the Ferris wheel, a carousel, bumper cars, and more!

"Hey Luce? What do you want to do first?" Natsu asked, grabbing my attention.

"I want to take pictures of course! Come on!" I now dragged Natsu down into an open field and took out my phone.

We took tons of pictures together and even recorded a video!

Natsu and I bought cotton candy, hotdogs, ice cream, ate tacos with beans and rice, drank Coca Cola, and went onto many different rides!

We even started a few crimes together.

"You should've seen the security's expression when I smashed the whip cream plate on his face! It was s-so priceless!" I laughed, jumping up and down.

Natsu was cracking up as well and almost landed on the ground.

"M-My ribs hurt!"

I pointed at Natsu and continued to laugh.

"That was hilarious! Oh my goodness." I wiped away the laughing tears from the corners of my eyes and calmed down.

"That was the best moment we did together, Lucy."

"Yep! Everything is more fun when we're together."

We both leaned in and touched each other's lips. It was only a small kiss and we smiled while staring at our eyes.

"I love so much."

"I love you so much, too."

He giggled but a voice interrupted our moment.

"Natsu? Is that you?"

I looked to our left to see a man with spiky red hair and onyx green eyes that looks similar to Natsu.

I faced Natsu and he was sweating with his eyes opened.

"D-Dad?"

What is going on? Why is he surprised to see his Dad?

Natsu gritted his teeth and shouted.

"Dad! You promised me that you wouldn't leave me! Why did you leave!? I've been looking for you since forever! I was so alone in the woods! Just why did you leave without saying anything!?"

Natsu grabbed his dad's collar and I yelled his name.

"Natsu!"

"I'm sorry! I had an excuse to leave you alone without telling you anything! I'm really sorry, Natsu! I have realized for the past few years that it was the worst mistake ever. I shouldn't have abandoned you."

"Well you did!! And that stupid excuse better be good enough for me to forgive you!"

I just stood there, not knowing what to do.

Natsu's father abandoned him? That's horrible.

And there I thought that I had the worst childhood ever.