Surgery

Levy

Lucy was rushed to the operating room by Christina and Hibiki.

Blood had trailed down to her chin when I was with her in the ambulance.

Natsu said that he was going to take his car to drive to the hospital and I agreed to his plan.

It was hard to see your best friend in such condition.

I sat down on the chair, pondering when I heard my name being called.

"Levy! What happened!? How's Lucy!?"

I looked up to see Lucy's mom, Layla, approaching me.

"Layla. I'm so glad you came. Lucy is inside the operating room at the moment. We were performing for the contest but she coughed out blood and fainted."

"Why!?"

"You don't know?"

Has Lucy not told her mother that she has Leukemia cancer?

"Know what? What's wrong, Levy!?"

"Lucy...she has Leukemia cancer."

Layla gasps and sits down on the chair, covering her mouth with her hands.

"Oh no...why hasn't Lucy told me yet? That's...so horrible!" Layla sobs, and I went to comfort her.

"Hey, don't worry. She'll survive this battle. I just know it because I believe that she'll be cancer free."

"Yeah...if I just believe."

I smiled and sat down next to her. I crossed my legs and sighed.

This will take a while but it's worth the wait.

***

"Levy! Layla! How's Lucy!? Has the doctor came out yet!?" Natsu exclaimed, rushing towards us.

"Natsu..."

"The doctor hasn't came out yet. I'm still a bit worried. I don't want to lose her just like I did with Jude." Layla said, tearing up a bit.

"It's going to be okay, Layla. Lucy's strong. I know that she's fighting with Leukemia but I know that Luce will make it."

Layla nodded, and I smiled sadly.

"Family of Lucy Heartfilia! Family of Lucy Heartfilia." The doctor, Christina, repeated.

Layla, Natsu, and I walked towards him.

"How is she?" Layla asks, and Christina sighed.

"She's in need of surgery. Her old blood is still inside her body and that's the reason why she coughs out blood. Her bones needs some strength and what she can do is do some walking and running, eat healthy foods, drink almond milk and water, etc."

"Oh, I see. How much will the treatment cost?"

"1,000,000 jewels. But, since you're an old friend of mine, I'll lower the price and it'll just be 500,000. I'll pay the rest." Christina said, smiling.

"Oh, yeah. Thank you so much, Christina. I really appreciate it."

"Anything for a friend."

***

Layla had paid for the treatment with some of Natsu and I's money. We both gave her 2,000 jewels and she thanked us in appreciation.