School's Lockdown

The next day in school, I wasn't in the mood. Sting's threat was still ringing in my head, which annoyed me.

I tried to forget it in the morning but it still stays there in my mind.

I was in class at the moment. I tried paying attention to Natsu's lecture about music but I couldn't.

Levy was staring at me with a worried expression and kept asking me if I was fine but I replied to her that it was nothing.

Things were going smoothly in class until Mavis spoke on the intercom.

"A-Attention students and teachers. This is not a drill! Teachers, please lock your doors and make sure the students are safe. This is a lockdown. Someone who is armed has entered the school. Please, s-stay safe."

The class started panicking. Mavis's voice was also anxious which stands for...

She's in danger!

"Alright. Everyone, stay calm. Please, silently walk at the back of the class and crouch down to the floor." Natsu said, and the class stood up and silently walked over to the back of the class.

"Lu-Chan. This has never happened before. I'm really scared."

"Don't worry, Levy. Everything will be—"

"Agh! Stop it! Don't harm my students or the teachers! Please!" Mavis shouted, accidentally pressing the button for the intercom.

"Mavis! She's in trouble!" I yelled, running towards the door.

"Hey! Lucy! Don't run out of the door! It's too dangerous!" Natsu said, wrapping his arms around me.

"Let go of me, Natsu! I have to go save Mavis! She's in big trouble with the gunman!"

"Stop struggling, Lucy! I won't let you go!"

Everyone was staring at the scene. Some were crying and scared.

"Lu-Chan! Do you know the dangers of going out there!? There may be more than one gunman!" Levy shouted, and I screamed.

"NATSU! I SAID LET GO OF ME!"

I hit Natsu's stomach with my elbow and he swiftly lets  go of me.

"Gah!"

I quickly ran out the door and into the hallway.

"Lu-Chan!"

I didn't cared for my safety as long as I can protect and save Mavis!

I know I haven't been here long enough to know Mavis but my mother told me that the two were friends!

I'm not going to make my mother sad 'cause of Mavis's death! I won't let her die!

"Lucy!" I heard Natsu shout, then I heard a gun shot.

SHOT!

I turned around to see a gunman and Natsu. But I noticed that Natsu stopped, his hand against his rib.

I gasped, realizing that the gunman shot Natsu.

"Natsu!"

"N-No! Lucy, run away! Now!"

"I can't leave you here alone, Natsu! Get up!"