One Song

After almost two hours of rehearsal singing Bang Bang, Levy, Sheria, and I take a break.

"Wow, I never knew you can sing that high note, Levy-Chan." I complimented, and Levy smiled.

"Yeah, you were amazing. Good job, girl." Sheria praised, softly hitting Levy's shoulder.

"Thanks. You two were amazing as well. I love your voices." Levy-Chan said, as she takes a sip of her lemonade juice.

We were on break, sitting down on the bench and enjoying the view of the fountain. I was drinking my horchata while Sheria was drinking her strawberry beverage.

"Anyways, thank goodness Natsu didn't choose Kagura as our third teammate. She's not cooperative." Levy sighed, and I nodded.

"What? Natsu was gonna choose Kagura? How come he chose me then?" Sheria asked, and I glanced at her.

"We told Natsu mostly everything about her. Levy and I told Natsu that Kagura wasn't cooperative and that she has a crush on him. She obviously hates our guts--"

"What!? Kagura likes Natsu!?" Sheria shrieked, and Levy looks at her weirdly.

"You didn't know? Weren't you and Kagura once friends?" Levy asked, and Sheria nodded.

"Yeah but she never told any secrets to me."

"Well that's bull! I think Kagura should've told her her secret. Isn't that what friends do?" Levy cursed, and I sighed.

"She wasn't a good friend to you, Sheria." I replied, staring at the sky.

"Yeah, and like three years ago, she was bullying you! I couldn't believe you were still friends with her back in the day."

"Eh!? Kagura was bullying you!? How?" I asked, shocked.

"Sh-She was just pushing me against the lockers and insulting me. Isn't that what friends do?"

Levy and I shook our heads.

"I mean, it's fun to bully your friends but not in a horrible manner. Lu-Chan and I say a lot of stupid stuff to each other and we accept it because we don't quite mean it. Every word that comes out of Kagura's mouth is true...well, except when she's saying it in a sarcastic way." Levy explained, and Sheria nodded.

"Okay, I understand. I'm glad I have friends like you two."

I smiled and the two of us continued to drink our beverages.

***

"Bang bang into the room (I know you want it) Bang bang all over you (I'll let you have it) Wait a minute let me take you there (ah) Wait a minute tell you (ah) Bang bang there goes your heart (I know you want it) Back, back seat of my car (I'll let you have it) Wait a minute let me take you there (ah) Wait a minute tell you (ah)." I sang, and it was Levy's turn.

"She might've let you hold her hand in school, but I'mma show you how to graduate. No, I don't need to hear you talk the talk, just come and show me what your mama gave (Oh yeah). Your love gotta be baby, love but don't say a thing. See anybody could be good to you, you need a bad girl to blow your mind." Levy-Chan sang, hitting the high note.

After singing my part, it was now Sheria's turn to rap!

"It's Myx Moscato. It's frizz in a bottle. It's Sheria full throttle, it's oh, oh. Swimming in the grotto. We winning in the lotto. We dipping in the pot of blue foam. Kitten so good. It's dripping on wood. Get a ride in the engine that could. Go, Batman robbin' it. Bang, bang, cockin' it. Queen Sheria dominant, prominent. It's me, Lucy, and Levy.  If they test me they sorry. Ride us up like a Harley. Then pull off in this Ferrari. If he hanging we banging. Phone ranging, he slanging. It ain't karaoke night but get the mic 'cause he singing."

"Cut! That was amazing, girls! You three did an amazing job singing the song. Oh and Sheria, I love how you changed their names in the song. That was fascinating. Make sure to use that in the competition to impress the judges." Natsu said, cutting our singing.

"Okay. That sounds good to me. I was afraid that I was gonna screw up but I guess I managed to succeed." Sheria said, blushing and embarrassed.

"Well, you did good--" My voice was cut off and I was coughing tremendously.

"Lu-Chan? Are you okay?" Levy comforted, and I shook my head.

My throat was hurting badly and suddenly, my coughing stopped.

"S-Sorry--"

I covered my mouth, surprised and shocked.

"Lucy-San, I think you lost your voice." Sheria said, and my heart was beating like crazy.

Oh no. This is bad!

"Natsu, when is the contest!?" Levy asked, worried.

"N-Next week. Lucy, are you sure you're gonna be able to sing?" Natsu asked, and I shrugged.

I can't speak, Natsu! Do you think that I will be able to sing just fine!?

Sheria looks around and grabs a pen and a note book.

"Here, you can write on this for now."

I grabbed the notebook and pen and wrote on it.

I don't know if I'll be able to recover my voice. It'll probably take me like two weeks or so to recover my voice. It depends on how bad it is. Natsu, you should probably kick me out of the team.

"I'm not kicking you out of the team, Luce! That's nonsense! I'm sure you're gonna be able to sing again before the competition."

I shook my head and I wrote on the paper again.

Don't be so reckless! I have to get kicked out of the team! I'm sorry but that's how it's done.

"Lu-Chan! Natsu's not gonna kick you out of the team! Plus, Sheria and I won't let you quit, anyways."

I sighed to myself. There's no getting out of this.

I wrote on the paper once again but this time...I wrote something different.

Fine! But if I don't recover my voice before the competition, it's not my fault you didn't let me quit or got me kicked out.

I placed the notebook and pen on the desk and walked out of the recording room.

I'm probably just overreacting but hey, I care about my team. I don't want them to be disqualified because of me...

God dammit, Natsu.