Little Did You Know-Day 8

Karaoke is what Natsu and I decided to do this Sunday. We really wanted to let out our musician side more with each other and I think it's a pretty good idea.

"Hey, Lucy. Are you ready?" Natsu asks, coming inside my room.

"Yeah, I'm ready. Just need to do a few finishing touches." I reply back, fixing my ponytail.

Natsu approaches me and wraps his arms around my waist, his chin resting down on my shoulder with a smile plastered on his face.

"You're amazing, you know?" He utters, closing his eyes and whispering to my ear.

I lay my hands down on top of his and smile, staring at us in the mirror. It's still a bit incredulous that Natsu and I are a thing now. We don't have to hide our feelings anymore to each over and we can be happy now.

As we continue to be ourselves with each other, a knock on the door sounds off. Natsu releases me and looks outside of my room. He later looks at me, a perplexed expression on his face.

"Are you seeing someone right now?" Natsu asks, and I shake my head.

Nobody knows my address; unless it's the landlady. The only person I've met that actually knows where I live is Natsu, but that's about it. Has someone been stalking me!?

I leave out of my room and check through the peephole of my front door. My heart immediately stops and I turn around, an astonished expression plastered on my face. Natsu gives me a confused look, and I approach him.

"Who is it, Luce?" Natsu asks.

"U-Uh...I need you to hide! Quick!" I exclaim, pushing Natsu towards my room.

"What? Why?"

"Don't ask questions! I'll explain everything later!"

"Well, at least tell me a hint!"

"N-No! Just go—"

"Lucy! Honey, it's your mother, Layla! Open the door if you're in there." Mom shouts from outside the door.

"It's your mom!?" Natsu asks, and I nod.

"Go you big idiot!"

I lock the door and sigh, running towards the entrance of my apartment. I swing the door open and give a huge smile to Mom, beads of sweat sliding down from my temples to my cheeks.

"Hey Mom! What brings you here!?" I ask, anxious.

"Oh, hey Lucy! I'm here to visit you. May I come in?"

"O-Of course!" I open the door wide enough for Mom to enter and she comes inside, looking around.

"Wow, so this is your apartment? It looks lovely." Mom compliments, and I laugh apprehensively.

"Y-Yeah! Of course it is! So, is there something you want to talk about? Would you like a drink or anything?" I offer.

"Actually, I came here to inform you about your father." She says, her voice changing.

"W-What's wrong with Dad? Is he okay!?"

"Apparently, your father is at the hospital right now due to a heart attack he had in his office. The doctors told me that he is in coma. I'm really sorry." She utters softly.

"What!? Is he okay!? He's not gonna...d-die, is he?" I dare myself to ask, feeling the tears already coming.

"The doctors don't know yet. His heart is really sick and he may not make it. He's been overworking himself a lot and it doesn't look too pretty."