Two Minutes Late

I rushed and rushed.

I was getting late for school since I overslept. If only I didn't went to bed at 1:00 AM, I wouldn't have overslept!

As I brushed my teeth, I checked the time on my phone.

7:54 AM.

Crap! Class starts at 8:05 and I haven't eaten breakfast yet!

Might as well skip breakfast today then...I hope I don't faint just like last time.

After brushing my teeth, I did my hair and tied it into a braid.

I checked the timer again and it was the 7:58 AM. How the hell did it reach 58 already!?

Guess time flies by so quickly.

After doing my appearance, I went rushing towards the door. I grabbed my boots and quickly put them on.

I looked around, searching for anything I need to take with me.

Oh! My backpack, of course! I ran towards it and later grabbed my phone, checking the time again.

8:00

I shrieked and ran out the door. (I locked it obviously). I ran downstairs and jumped a few steps just to go outside.

Fairy Academy wasn't so far away from my apartment so it would be a piece of cake to get there on time.

I checked both sides of the road and ran to the other side. Fairy Academy was just around the corner and I sprinted as fast I can.

I pushed opened the doors of the school and rushed towards Natsu's classroom.

I opened the door and everyone was looking at me but I just sighed.

"Did I make it on time?" I asked, huffing and puffing.

"You're two minutes late, Lucy. Have a seat." Natsu said, and I nodded.

I closed the door and walked over to my desk.

Levy-Chan was just looking at me, trying hard not to crack up.

"What's so funny?" I asked, and Levy laughed.

"Y-You look like a mess! What happened to you!?" Levy yelled, and the whole class heard.

"I just overslept. Now, can you be quiet? Class has started already."

Levy nodded but continued to crack up silently.

I ignored her and took out my notes.

Rule number one: never be late ever again!

***

Lunch time was over and Levy and I said goodbye to our friends.

"Are you sure you're okay? I can track down that bastard that crashed you." Gajeel said, in a menacingly tone.

"Gajeel, I'm okay. Now go to class or else you'll be late." Levy pushed Gajeel away from her and chuckled.

"Gajeel really is overprotective." I commented, and Levy nodded.

"Indeed he is. Maybe that's why I love him so much. Anyways, let's go to class."