Second Strike

"Attention students and teachers. Tomorrow, we will be having a field trip to the woods. Yes, as many of us may know, tomorrow will be a hot day and it is shocking since it's October. Please bring two water bottles and any resources to keep you...well, alive from the sun. Thank you and you may resume your lecture, teachers."

After Mavis finishes her speech, everyone cheers.

"Yeah! We're having a field trip!"

"I can't wait!"

"You're going to be my partner, okay!?"

I sighed. This will just bring back horrible memories.

"What's wrong, Lu-Chan?" Levy asked.

"Nothing. It's just that the woods will bring back horrible memories."

I look at my right arm to see the scar still there.

"What's with this scar? What happened to you!?"

I sighed again and closed my eyes.

"It's a long story."

"In lunch, you'll explain."

***

"Mom, Dad, and I were out camping in the woods and after a couple of hours, a bear came and growled at Mom. I was terrified that the bear was gonna kill and eat her so I jumped in with my right arm stretching in to protect her. The bear charged and swung its arm. A bloody and flesh scar appeared and it felt like my arm was chopped off. Dad scared away the bear somehow and Mom was treating my injury with alcohol, stitches, and bandages. God, I can feel the pain of the alcohol touching my flesh..."

"Yo, now that's something! I'm glad you guys made it out alive." Levy chuckled anxiously, looking at my scar again.

"Yeah, I'm glad too. This scar will forever be a memory."

Levy nodded and that's when our gang came.

I smiled at them and pulled my sleeve down so they wouldn't see my scar.

It's all good, Lucy.

***

"Alright! We have arrived to our destination. Everyone, please remain seated until all adults revise the area. Thank you." The bus driver said, hopping out to go with the teachers and security guard.

I look out my window to see Natsu discussing some things with Erza and Gray.

"You wanna hug him, don't you?"

"Yeah, I do. I miss him. It's been two days since I've seen him. On the first day, I hung out with you. On the second day, I hung out with Mom. I guess it's time for us to spend time together. Don't you think?"

Levy nodded and soon, the bus driver came to inform us that we can hop out.

Levy was the first to get up. She grabs my hand and drags me outside.

"Let's go!"

"Wait, Levy-Chan—whoa!"

"Oof!"

How did this happen!? Levy was just in front of me holding my hand when I accidentally landed on Natsu!!

"Ugh...what in the world?"