Chapter Four- Transatlantic

The long ass 11 hour flight, I could deal with. The leaving-everything-behind, I could deal with. The realising I wasted 4 years of my life with someone who wasn't meant for me, I could deal with. Waiting for said long ass flight at Heathrow airport with nothing but my thoughts to keep me company, I could not deal with. I must have paced Terminal three until I had almost wore through the floor.

I'd indulged in treating myself to 3 M.A.C eyeshadows, 2 lipsticks and 4 lip liners. Then to Jack Wills for some adorable PJs (I wasn't sure how cold Ohio would be, so I didn't want to risk being caught out by gaining hypothermia from sleeping in only my underwear); and finally, new perfume. When I was certain I have put enough pressure on my credit card, I sat down and sighed.

I hadn't thought this through. What if things didn't work out as planned? I couldn't overthink things now, no matter what happened, I'd find a way to make ends meet-

"Gate 5 is now open for all passengers travelling to Port Columbus International, please make your way to the gate."

No more time to think about the possible negative consequences, I grabbed my bags and began to shuffle towards the gate.

----------------------------------------------

The flight would have been okay if I hadn't spent the whole time panicking. I tried to close my eyes and sleep, assuming (wrongly) that Death Cab For Cutie and Jack's Mannequin playing softly in my headphones would help.

Every time I closed my eyes, I thought of all of my fears connected to this new job role. If I wasn't worrying about the major change I was currently experiencing, my mind wandered back to Evan. I could help but wonder how long he had been seeing Daniel behind me back. If he was so unhappy with me, why couldn't he just have ended things with me? I sighed, giving up on the concept of sleep altogether. I opened up my laptop, and tried to watching a couple of episodes of The X-Files to give me something else to think about.

It helped, instead of continuing to think about the past, you began to day dream about whether or not aliens existed instead. Maybe I could decorate one of the spare rooms in Ohio with a space theme. That would look bad-ass! I knew I would be staying in a hotel for a couple of days whilst all my belongings were shipped over and arranged, but I was more than ready to plan ahead and make everything feel more homely. When I began to think about the house, I started feeling excited rather than apprehensive about moving here. It was a big step, but as long as I had faith, I could make it.

---------------------------------------------

Shortly after I stepped off of the plane and began to make my way to the baggage collection point, I felt a buzz. Checking my phone, there was a message from Nick

~ Hope your flight wasn't too bad! Get a coffee and plaster on a smile, you're chasing your dreams, don't be nervous! P.S Dave is collecting you from the airport, he said he's wearing something you'll recognise straight away. Text me if there's any issues! ~

I smiled and pushed my phone back in to my pocket, trying to search for Dave Rose's face in the crowd. I looked over to my right and noticed guy with bouncy curly brown hair and a vibrant tie-dye shirt with a large alien face on the front waving at me.

"Hey Ava! Over here!" I picked up my bag and ran towards Dave, who immediately engulfed me with a bear hug, as if we were old friends. I grinned as we pulled away, "Hi!"

"Nick told me to wear something that you would notice so I figured this would work right?" I laughed and agreed as Dave lead me out to his car.

We spoke back and forth about the house and the neighbourhood. Dave lived about 3 streets away and stated he would be happy to give me any lifts I required until I had passed my driving test over here. We began to discuss the band I would be working with.

"So tomorrow, we have a big day planned. I want to take you out and get any essentials that you need, then we'll do the tour of the office and finally, you'll be able to meet the band. I'm sure Tyler will have plenty of questions for you. The guys are excited to meet you, have you heard of Twenty One Pilots before?"

I nodded, I was familiar with a small handful of their songs and had happily begun researching them once their name was revealed to me after Dave and I's Skype interview. "Yeah, Fake You Out is pretty catchy, and I've been listening to Guns For Hands a lot. I'm looking forwards to listening to more though."

Dave smiled when I mentioned the songs by name. we continued to talk for a while, discussing the itinerary for tomorrow, before Dave pulled up outside an elegant looking hotel.

"Well, I know you'll be tired, so I'll help you with your bags and leave you to get a good sleep." I had to stifle a yawn so as not to be rude. I couldn't believe how kind and helpful my new boss was. Soon after Dave had helped me with my bags, he left leaving words of wisdom and several take away brochures in case I got hungry later.

================================================================

Hi guys! Sorry that this chapter is a bit short and kind of filler-ish, but the good news is that the next chapter features the introduction of two handsome men, so Ava will get to meet Josh and Tyler. Please let me know what you think of the story so far (good and bad!) as it will help me out.

Thank you so much for reading this so far, hope you're enjoying it so far!