Chapter Nine- (Hell Yeah I'm A Dick Girl) Addicted To You

Hi Guys, so my sister helped me with the song lyrics as a title this time. This is a short-ish chapter, but hopefully you still enjoy it! We're getting towards to part that I love.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As much as I had hoped for it to, Josh's change in behaviour didn't last long. The next day at breakfast, Josh refused to notice my existence. We pulled up to the venue and each began to climb off of our buses. Josh was still in the same clothes as yesterday, all of his clothes still on the tour bus that we shared. He yawned sleepily and ran his fingers through his fluffy hair, as he emerged from Tyler's bus. Tyler came over to speak to us, while Josh gave a little wave and walked past, causing Jenna and I to raise an eyebrow at each other. Jenna and I moved away from the bus so Josh could change in peace. We headed towards the venue to get breakfast, stopping only to talk to Mark, Dan and a couple of the other crew members. It wasn't until 10 minutes later when I finally made it to the buffet table that I saw Josh again. He grabbed a plate and walked up next to me, spooning hash browns on to his plate.

"Hey! Did you sleep well?" I smiled at Josh, who kept his head down and shrugged a little. I frowned before I tried again to make conversation.

"I like your t-shirt!" I unzipped my hoodie to show Josh my grey 'I Want To Believe' t-shirt, matching his own black version. Josh kept his head down, focused instead on the platter of sausages and eggs in front of him. I could feel myself becoming frustrated again.

"Josh, have I done something to upset you? You were okay last night. Did you not get much sleep?" This finally provoked a reaction. Josh turned and frowned at me, keeping his voice low, despite Tyler and the others being about 20 feet away. They wouldn't be able to hear our conversation even if we were talking normally.

"Yes, I had to be nice to you last night, Tyler was reading my texts as I sent them. I slept fine, and go change your shirt, you look like you're trying to copy me and it looks stupid."

I could feel my eyes welling up. I didn't know what was worse, him ignoring me, or trying to be insulting. I'd had enough of trying to reason with Josh and getting nowhere, I had to speak to Tyler. Surely he could shed some light on the situation. I made sure Josh was still at the buffet table and took my opportunity to sit next to Tyler, leaving only the seat at the opposite end of the table available for Josh.

"Hey, Jenna said you guys had fun last night, I liked your selfies." Tyler struck up conversation immediately, smiling warmly before pinching a piece of pancake from my plate. We discussed last night's events on the "girl bus" as Josh arrived at the table. He shot a dirty look in my direction, before sitting down at the other end of the table. I could feel his eyes on me as I began to broach the subject playing on my mind.

"How was Josh last night?"

Tyler sighed a little, pushing the scrambled egg around his plate. "He didn't sleep well last night. I could hear him tossing and turning in his bunk all night. It was weird, he kept smiling at his phone when he was texting you, but then when we went to bed, he just kept sighing and talking in his sleep. I couldn't make it out though. That would probably explain why he's been a little off this morning." I nodded, taking in everything Tyler was saying. Every time I looked towards Josh, I could see him look away quickly. I wanted to finish breakfast as quickly as I could and begin the set up so I could have some time to think alone.

I stood up to throw my plate in the bin, making my excuses to leave. Josh began walking towards me from the other end of the table. I side stepped out of his way, assuming he was going to speak to Tyler. I quickly ran back to the bus to grab my headphones, before heading to the stage to set up.

----------------------------------------

As I began to setup, I could feel my phone vibrating. I pulled it out and checked the screen before realising it was Josh texting me, and promptly shoving my phone back in my pocket. My phone continued to vibrate as I set up the drums to Josh's exact height requirements and standards. I played a quick simple beat to make sure everything was tuned correctly, before whipping out a fast and quick tempo solo, twirling my sticks at random intervals to try and show off. I cursed as I dropped my stick. Bending over to pick it up, I felt a hand on my waist.

"Did you not get my text?" I turned around and was almost face to face with Josh, stepping back quickly to widen the small gap between us. Josh let out a small laugh as I shook my head. I felt my stomach twist as I saw his eyes crinkle a little.

"Ava, I've been stood here for a couple of minutes, I saw you check your phone, roll your eyes and shove it back in your pocket. I'm pretty sure you also muttered asshole too." I could feel my face flush hot with embarrassment as I realised that I had been caught out by Josh. Damnit!

"Well, I'm sure you didn't just come here to mock me, so what can I do for you Mr Dun?" I tried to say it in a sarcastic manner. Though I don't think it had the desired effect as it only caused Josh to smirk at me. Josh stepped forward, closing the gap between us.

"I figured I should see if you needed a hand to set up the drums correctly today and if you wanted me to teach you how to play properly." This time, instead of being embarrassed, I could feel my blood boil and the adrenaline coursing through my veins. I was ready to spring forward and pounce. I could feel myself stand on my tip toes, trying to look directly into Josh's eyes. How dare he?

"You don't think I can do my job properly? Would you care to tell me exactly what is wrong with my drumming, and I can tell you exactly what I would like you to do with your opinion. I think you should start by shoving it so far up your stupid hairy a-"

"Woah, I'm trying to be friendly here! What is your problem?" Josh began frowning at me, as if I had started this argument.

"Well for starters, you are a colossal idiot! One minute you're great and I'm actually enjoying talking to you, and the next you're a complete dick-"

Josh and I jumped at the sound of the symbol being hit loudly. As I turned around, I saw Mark holding the drumstick in his hand and Tyler shaking his head at us. I could feel the disappointment radiating off of both the guys. Josh looked at me with an expression I couldn't quite understand. Tyler stepped forward grabbing my hand and Josh's and beginning to drag us towards the back exit of the venue.

"We're going to talk, and we are going to sort this out."

I knew I had messed up this time.