Chapter Forty Three- You Are Tired, You Are Hurt

First, let me just apologise for the ridiculous delay in uploading this chapter! I've been working long shifts again, my home internet ran out and then last night, my electric switched off and took until 2 hours ago to be reset. So I know there's been a long delay and I'm sorry for that.

Good news is, on Thursday, I'm flying out to see my sisters and we're going the Warner Bros. Harry Potter studio tour and then I have a couple more days off on holiday, so hopefully I can at least another chapter up in that time!

As always, let me know what you think of this chapter!
_______________________________________

I was wrong.

The sickening feeling didn't seem to pass. Not in the hours, days or even week that followed my arrival back to the tour.

Jenna had been keeping an eye on me, telling me if I was looking grey or trying to distract the others any time the cold sweats came on again.

“You know it's about time for you to make sure everything is okay. It's getting harder for you to hide this… whatever this is.” Jenna and I were sat in a coffee shop, while Josh and Tyler went on a hunt for a new cable for their game console. The scene was definitely reminiscent of a previous time when Josh and I still hated each other and Jenna was trying to advise me on what to do.  Thankfully, Josh was no longer the issue in our conversation.

“Well either way, I hope it's nothing too serious. Maybe I'm coeliac?” Jenna raised an eyebrow at me. “I mean, I have some of the symptoms like the nausea and bloating?”

“Even if you were, it wouldn't explain things. You've been eating mostly fruit and Honey Flakes again. Are you constipated?”

“Look, that's enough, we’ll be back in London in a week's time, I have a doctor there who I've visited since I was a kid. If it would make you happy, then I'll go visit him for a check up. I can tell Josh that I'm visiting Nick and the studio, while you guys go to France to attend the award ceremony on Saturday?”

Jenna began to nod in agreement before he eyes widened quickly.

“What? Jenna what is it?”

“The symptoms, do you think there's maybe some other reason for them? You know… has it crossed your mind that you and Josh are... back together?”

I knew what Jenna was hinting at, but it didn't make sense, did it? So I responded in the only way I knew how.

“You’re so funny Jenna! Seriously, what makes you think that there is a snowball’s chance in hell of that happening?” I tried to play Jenna’s concern off as nothing, but it was clear she could see straight through the facade.

“Ava, your hands are shaking so badly that you can barely hold your coffee cup… It’s pretty obvious that you’re thinking the same thing and it terrifies you!” I looked down, only to see that Jenna was correct. They were shaking hard and I had felt the blood drain from my face as soon as Jenna had mentioned it.

“Maybe we should check… Y’know, just to make sure?” Jenna began to collect her purse and jacket, indicating that we were ready to leave. I downed the last of my now-lukewarm latte in just a few large mouthfuls and followed Jenna out onto the streets again.

Jenna put on a pair of oversized sunglasses, prompting me to follow suit and grab Josh’s spare pair out of my handbag, shielding my eyes.

We immediately made our way to the closest shop, trying to locate the beauty and health section. Jenna picked up a slim, rectangular package, handing it to me to approve. I recognised it instantly, recalling Josh including it in the pregnancy test haul he brought back to the house the first time we had had a scare.