Chapter Thirty Nine- It's Our Hearts That Make The Beat

Hey guys! So for once, I'm actually updating ahead of schedule. This may have been because I was so hyped about the HDS video and rewrote the whole section again. Also, this is a chapter that is a little bit different.

I don't normally suggest songs to go with the chapter, but I feel like Miguel- Coffee (Fucking) and Somo- Ride fit really well. They were two of the songs I listened to on repeat when I was writing and rewriting this chapter.

Let me know if you like it or not!

TRIGGER WARNINGS: SMUT (yep, it's back!)
_______________________________________

"You know you'll only be on the road for a week or so without me right? It won't be too long until I join you again!" Josh had woken me up for the third day in a row by kissing my face repeatedly until I began to stir. I'm pretty sure the early starts were a punishment for staying behind in Ohio a little while longer, just while I finished helping Dave Rose record with a local band in the studio.

"I know, but that doesn't mean that I'm not going to miss you. I mean, I feel weird enough already and we're not leaving for another 4 hours. Plus, Tyler will have Jenna there, so I'll have to go back to spooning Brad again and you know that he never let's me be the big spoon!" My dorky boyfriend never failed to raise a laugh out of me, even at 4am. Clearly Josh couldn't sleep and wanted to make the most of our last few hours in the house together.

"So what do you want to do at home that you won't be able to do on tour?"

As soon as I had asked, a heavy smirk painted itself on Josh's face. The look on his face pointed to one thing and one thing only. He raised his eyebrows up and down quickly, moving from lying beside me to hovering over me.

"Well make sure I still have enough time to make you breakfast!" I rolled my eyes playfully, teasing him just a little.

"Fuck breakfast Ava, I want to leave kisses on every inch of your body and remember every freckle on your skin-"

"Come on, it's only for two weeks or so, it's not forever. I'll see you at the Vienna show!" I giggled back, not quite letting him finish his sentence.

"Ava, if I have only learned one thing by being with you, it's not to take anything for granted. I will spend the rest of my life making sure that you wake up every single day knowing how loved you are and falling asleep in my arms every night, for as long as you'll let me. So please, let me try to remember how perfect you are to me, in every single way I can. I want to try something that we haven't tried before. Trust me?"

"I trust you entirely."

Josh stood me up, untying my robe and letting it fall to the ground and leaving me in only my underwear, as he kissed me softly and slowly. The kiss was still so passionate, but gentle. We shared sweet butterfly kisses and long French kisses, swapping between the two, but barely pausing for breath. Josh left warm and wet kisses on my neck as he laid me back down on the bed.

"I want to leave you with something to remember until you join us on tour. I'm going to miss you so much." Josh's lips were still brushing against my neck while he spoke lowly, the subtle vibration making me moan a little as I felt the wetness pooling between my thighs, squeezing them together in the hopes of a little friction to ease the burning sensation in my groin.

"I promise I'll remember every single detail. You know I'll miss you just as much."

Making his way southwards, kissing down the valley between my breasts, I could feel his fingers ghosting over my skin and the lace thong Josh had helped pick last time we were back home. His mouth slipped over the thin lace cups of my bra. Every single warm breath sent electric pulses coursing through my veins. It had been so long since we had last been intimate that we had barely even began foreplay and I was soaking already.