Chapter Ten- On My Knees Repeatedly, Asking Why It's Got To Be Like This

Hey guys, this one's pretty short, but sweet. I'll hopefully get the next chapter up soon to make up for it! As always, let me know what you think! If you want to message me in private or give feedback etc. in private, I also have a Tumblr page for the fic, just search for #taflfic or go to https://www.tumblr.com/blog/theres-a-fine-line-fic

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tyler lead us to Josh and I's bus, Jenna was already waiting inside. We sat down next to each other the couch while Tyler, Jenna and Mark stood opposite us. Tyler looked angry, Jenna looked sad and Mark just looked fed up. Jenna began to speak.

"Okay guys, we're calling an intervention right he-"

"What the heck guys? Can you two not go a single day without pissing each other and everyone else off?" Tyler interrupted Jenna, raising his voice. I had never seen Tyler get mad, or even heard about it occurring before, so this came as a shock. I kept my eyes to the ground, I couldn't look at Tyler, I tried to focus on my breathing and not panic. Staring at the floor and trying to count to one hundred in German, which seemed to be helping. Anything I could do to take my mind off of the situation in front of me, and to stop me from freaking out. I could see Josh peeking at me from the corner of my eye, and I tried hard to avoid looking at him.

"Ty, I'm sorry, it's-" Tyler raised his hand, stopping Josh in his tracks. Tyler sighed and began running a hand through his hair.

"You two need to work things out. It isn't just affecting the two of you, it's affecting everyone on the tour. There's a bad atmosphere. Work something out, otherwise Ava, you might be out of a job. I'm not trying to scare you, but we can't continue like this. Josh, I know this is on you too, you are both to blame. I'm leaving to calm down for a while, but you two are going to stay here and talk." Mark walked out the door, shortly followed by Tyler shaking his head as he left.

Jenna waited until it was just Josh and I left in the room. "Please talk this through. I want both of you to get on and for us all to complete this tour and have a good time. Text me if you need someone, and I mean that for both of you." Josh said a quick thanks to Jenna and I nodded my head, feeling a heavy thumping in my chest. Jenna closed the bus door behind her and could feel my eyes watering.

"Shit, I- I can't lose this job. I need it. I'm sorry, I promise I'm not trying to fight with you, but I don't know why we keep fighting." I couldn't keep it together any longer, I could feel the nausea rising in my throat and my blood pumping so loudly I'm sure half of the city could hear it. I felt an arm around me, pulling me into his chest.

"It's okay, I'm sorry too. Shh." I could feel Josh laying his head on top of mine and holding me close. Josh's heart rate was at least as fast as mine, if not faster. I wasn't sure if I wanted this right now, but it was a hell of a lot better than fighting. I couldn't help but to start crying into Josh's hoodie.

"Is it okay if I move you? It's not very comfortable." I nodded, not sure if I would be able to speak intelligibly through the crying. I felt Josh pull me on to his lap and wrapped his arms around my waist. I wrapped my arms around his neck, cuddling him back. I was probably rubbing my now-smeared make up all over Josh.

"It's going to be okay Ava," Josh began stroking my back as the sobs continued to shake me. "We'll work out, I promise you. We'll finish the tour together and Tyler and everyone will be happy." I nodded against Josh's chest as his hand moved from stroking my back, to stroking my hair and face I could feel my eyes beginning to grow weaker.