Prologue

This is another one of my stories/Works

Hope you like it. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adriana Rose Watson POV

"You can take the boy out of the jungle, but you can't take the jungle out of the boy." The Jungle Book.

I jumped on each stone, crossing the river in my back yard. One more stone, and I'm across I thought. Okay, when I get there, I'm going to find some daisies, and make a beautiful crown of all different colored daisies in the meadow.

"Princess! Please be careful" Warned Ajax, my best friend. He was only ten years old, like me. He was quite small, with brown wavy hair, and grey eyes. We have been best friends ever since we were little, and my family immediately adopted him into ours when his parents died.

I turned my head over my shoulder, staring at Ajax. His grey eyes were wide and were glinting in the sunlight. I giggled and was about to take another step onto the rock, but my foot missed the stone and I instantly plunged into the water.

The cold water sent chills up my spine as my dress weighed me down. I struggled to get to the surface and get air, but my little lungs started to constrict as I stupidly tried to breath under water. I panicked and started to wail my arms to get to the surface, I didn't want to drown.

The river wasn't that deep, but it was deep enough for a ten-year-old girl who wore a dress and could barely swim. I heard Ajax scream loudly, yelling out the names of my family; then his feet heavily patter across the stones as he tried to reach me.

I was thankful that the river was clear so I could see his worried features as he continued to yell out to my family. I also saw him reach his tiny hand out to grab me.

I turned my head to the side to see my family running over to the creek. Tears were rolling down my mother's cheeks as she screamed my name, as well as my two older brothers, Dane and George, and younger brother Kaiden.

I saw my father jump into the water as he tried to reach me, but he failed. After a couple of more times he managed to wrap a hand around my own wrist and he tugged me up to the surface.

When I reached the top, I let in a big gulp of air. Tears started to run down my cheeks and I was shivering uncontrollably. Dad hugged me to him tighter as he laid me on my side so I didn't choke on the water that was nonstop coming out of my mouth.

My Mum hugged me to her too as she whispered how much she loved me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! This is my first teen fiction/romance book and I'm so excited!! I have so much planned and I hope you enjoy the journey :)

Vote, comment and fan xxx