Chapter Forty Three: A Thousand Years

Adriana Rose Watson POV

"And all along I believed I would find you, time has brought your heart to me, I have loved you for a thousand years, I'll love you for a thousand more." Christina Perry, A Thousand Years

The next few days spent with Joel would forever be imprinted in my mind. We spent almost every second together, whether it was laying in bed together discussing our little baby, or how excited we were for our honeymoon that was tomorrow.

Joel being the romantic guy he is, wouldn't tell me exactly where we were going.

So I spent the last two days guessing different places we could be going, but he denied every one of them. And a couple of hours ago, I found out me being angry and pregnant at the same time is really not a good mix.

Thankfully for Joel, I had calmed down and was now happily eating ice cream while Joel had his arms wrapped around me. He had his head buried in my neck, occasionally kissing it and mumbling how much he loved me, and lets not forget how he gently stroked my stomach every now and then.

Joel was going to be the best husband and father, and I was truly thankful for having this baby.

~*~

The next day, early in the morning, Joel and I were at the Portland international airport. And we were currently off to France. That's right, Joel had booked us flights to France for a two days.

I was ecstatic to be going to the city of love with the love of my life. Even through it wouldn't be for too long, I could already see how amazing it would be.

We spent the next eleven hours on the plane to France; mostly I slept as Joel held my hand tightly and told me how happy he was.

When we touched down, Joel who wore a big smile gently shook me awake. "We're here baby." Joel said as he placed a few kisses on my face. I sleepily smiled at him before collecting my things and walking hand in hand with Joel.

We had five guards walking behind us and another five in front of us. I was appreciative that Dad had assigned us guards in case things got out of hand with the reporters, and a bonus was that they would practically be non existent throughout the honeymoon.

When we arrived in France, it was getting dark, which gave us the perfect opportunity to look around at the different places in the city. I could faintly see the Eiffel tower in the distance, which excited me to no end. I poked my head out of the car and stared at the building in awe, but Joel was quick to pull me back. He was too protective of our baby, but I loved him even more for it.

~*~

The next morning I woke up beside Joel, who was groaning about needing more sleep. But my excitement got the best of me, so I forced Joel out of the bed and into the shower.

We ate breakfast in a little corner café, I had a hot chocolate with marshmallows and some decked pancakes with strawberries, blueberries, a couple scoops of ice cream and drizzled in maple syrup. Joel had some French toast with eggs, as well as strawberries and blueberries and a coffee.

We spent a little over an hour at the café before deciding to go shopping; we spent a couple of hours there, me mostly trying on different shorts, bathers, dresses and tops. Joel would try on the occasional shirt, jeans and shorts, which most of them I bought for him. Even though he declined.

I bought a few things for my brothers, sisters, my parents, Nicole, Ajax and even Matt. Joel also bought a few things for Kent and Hailey.

When we had finished the shopping, we decided to go sight seeing. We started at the Notre Dame Cathedral, admiring its high ceilings, beautiful architecture and the steal glass pane windows that told many stories.