Chapter Nineteen: My Immortal

Adriana Rose Watson POV

“These wounds won't seem to heal, this pain is just too real, there's just too much that time cannot erase.” My Immortal, Evanescence.

After realization hit me, that Joel wasn’t going to come after me, I cried and screamed. I had foolishly fell in love with the bad boy, and now I was paying the price. It was my fault for getting to close, for not stopping the relationship before it got to serious.

My Father had warned me all about this. Everyone had warned me about people like him.

(Flashback)

     “All anyone’s going to want you for is your money and sex. No one’s going to care about you, Adriana. I know these words hurt you, but it’s the truth. All men want you for is pleasure and wealth.” Father roared with a wrath I had never witnessed.

     “That’s not true! Someone will love me, Father.” I screamed back at him.

     “No one will ever love you.” Father snipped.

And for a second, I believed him.

(Flashback over)

The stupid monster was right, no one would love me. Not for me anyway. Maybe for sex, or my wealth, just never me.

And that, was what made me stand up, collect myself together, and finish the journey back to the house.

Joel Brooks POV (YAY!)

I would’ve chased after her, but I was convinced she needed space. From me. It took every cell in my body to walk away, but somehow, I managed.

I had only come to this dumb dance for one thing. Rose. I needed to explain everything, win her back. That plan went downhill.

When the song Wanted had come on, I was positive she would listen, but once again, her stubborn self refused to listen.

So now here I was, sitting in my empty room, in my father’s tux, drinking away my sorrows.

My father had worn this at his wedding with my mother, but they were long gone now. Along with my sister and baby brother.

Is it soft to say that I missed my family? Because I fucking did. Imagine this, you’re 15 years old. Everything was fine, everyone was happy, together. Then one day, you wake up and everything’s gone. Your family’s gone too. All they leave was a few photos just so you know every moment you spent together wasn’t a dream. The place looked like they were in a rush to get away. Maybe they were, who knows.

You sit in a chair a few meters behind the door. You wait for days for the door to open and in come your smiling mother and father; you wait for someone to tell you everything’s going to be okay. That they had to leave.