Chapter Two: Why Don't We Go There

Chapter 2

Adriana POV

      "Cause we got all night, we're going nowhere, Why don't you stay? Why don't we go there, let's take a ride, out in the cold air, I know the way, why don't you go there, with me" - One Direction, Why don't we go there.

When I arrived in America, I jumped on the first bus and handed my ticket over to the driver. I didn't care where I was going, as long as I was further away. 

I don't know how long I sat on the bus for, maybe all up a day. I slept most of the ride, but woke up when the driver told me this was the last stop foe the day. I rested at a motel that night, but didn't get much sleep. 

The next day I spent a few more hours on the bus and jumped of at Keizer, Oregon. It looked like a friendly town that doesn't attract much attention. It was just what I was looking for. 

I looked around the town before heading for a nearby store so I could get directions to the nearest motel. There was a small store about a couple of hundred of meters away. When I was walking to the store, I got a few curious glances. But I kept my head down so my hair would cover my face. 

When I arrived at the store, I started to buy some food and other necessities that I would need. 

When I was done, I walked up to the cash register. I stood there for at least 5 minutes before I heard a pair of feet scuffling, yet I couldn't see anyone. I looked behind me, yet no one was there. Suddenly a little's girls head popped up. I let out a small squeal and jumped back. 

      "It's okay, I won't hurt you." The little girl whispered. I slowly smiled at her and introduced myself. 

      "Hey, I'm Rose." I said with a laugh. The girl looked to be 8 years old. She had light golden hair and green eyes. She was just so damn cute. She was missing one of her front teeth, and it just made her more cuter. 

      "I'm Lucy. Can I call you pretty lady? You're very pretty." Lucy giggled. I nodded my head and laughed with her. 

       "Here, I can help you." Lucy said with a smile as she gestured to the food, drinks and toiletries on the counter. 

     "Thankyou Lucy." I said with a smile of my own. Lucy started ringing up all my purchases and humming a tune.

      "So where have you come from? You don't sound like you're from here." Lucy said with a small from. Instead of getting nervous, I said the first thing that came to mind. 

      "I lived with my aunt in Britain. I just got here about ten minutes ago." I said with another friendly smile. Lucy nodded her head as I handed her a twenty dollar note. 

      "Lucy, what are you doing?" A deep, masculine voice asked. I turned my head around and saw a man around his mid 30's early 40's staring at me intently. He had some of the qualities Lucy had, except he had dark brown hair. Immediately I knew this was her father. 

      "Just helping the the pretty lady." Lucy said enthusiastically. I smiled at Lucy and her father. 

      "Sorry if my daughter was annoying you, she has the tendency to do these sort of things. I'm Tom." He said as he held out his hand. 

       "Rose. No, it's no problem. Lucy here kept me entertained. " I said with a laugh as I shook his outstretched his hand. Tom nodded and went to help Lucy, but she smacked his arm away with a pout on her lips. 

    "Are you just passing through, or are you staying here?" Tom asked me. My eyebrows furrowed as I thought what I should do. I didn't want to stay in one place for to long, in case my family find me. But it wouldn't hurt to stay here for a couple of weeks.