Chapter Sixteen: Heartbreak Hotel

Adriana Rose Watson POV

     "Well, since my baby left me, I found a new place to dwell, It's down at the end of lonely street, at Heartbreak Hotel." - Elvis Presley, Heartbreak Hotel 

I had been sitting around for the past couple of days. Matt and Nicole constantly came to check up on me, but only a few times a day.

I hadn’t really ever been so depressed in my life. Yeah, some of my past boyfriends had hurt me or I hurt them, but we were never serious. We were just fooling around.

It’s the same with Adam. Now I realize, I never really cared about him. I cared about him as a friend, he was like a big brother to me. Nothing more.

But it was different with Joel. I had never really cared about a boy as much as I cared about him. I didn’t love him yet, but I knew I was close.

So, I wallowed in my own pity. It’s like a bloody pity party in this house.

But you know what hurts the most; That Joel didn’t come after me and try to explain everything that happened. He didn’t beg for my forgiveness. And now I really know he didn’t care.

Joel Brooks never cares about anyone.

Joel Brooks POV

(Back to when Barbara and him were kissing)

     “Bloody hell Barbara. I. Don’t. Care. About. You.” I emphasized each word.

     “Why Joel?! Because I’m not that…thing you’re dating? I’m heaps better than her. I know you feel something for me.” Barbara said. I slowly pinned her to the wall and said in a hushed angry tone.

     “She is not a thing! Her name is Rose and she is my girlfriend.” I whispered. Barbara smirked at me and whispered the words I never ever want to here.

     “Not for long.” And with that, she kissed me. Her ugly lips were on mine. Then her legs wrapped around my waist and her arms around my neck.

I was frozen. I didn’t move; I let her kiss me. But I didn’t reply. Oh hell no.

     “They’re right when they say you can’t tame a bad boy.” A melodic voice said. My head snapped to hers, and my whole heart nearly broke.

Rose walked away and didn’t look back.

     “What have you done, Barbara?” I yelled at her. Barbara smirked at me and untangled her self from me.

     “ I’m taking back what’s mine.” Barbara stated. My blood boiled when she said I was hers. I’m not hers, I’m Rose’s. I always have been. 

     “I was never yours; I just fucked you, Barbara. You’re nothing to me! You never have been and never will be! Because that girl that just walked away, she is the one I care about.” I screamed at her. Barbara’s smirk faulted and her slutty face was replaced with a horrible scowl.