Chapter Thirteen: First Date

Joel Brooks POV 

"In the car I just can't wait, to pick you up on our very first date, is it cool if I hold your hand?, is it wrong if I think it's lame to dance?"  Blink 182, First Date. 

I watched as Rose fell asleep on my arm. She looked so damn cute. Cute?! Usually I would say this girl looked sexy, but that didn't fit right. I used to call all my flings sexy, but they were never cute. Never. 

'Wow, this girl is really taking a toll on me' I thought with a smile. 

      " She's going to make your arm go numb." Nicole said with an amused chuckle. I rolled my eyes at her before whispering my reply. 

     " I don't care if she makes my arm go numb. I just love her leaning on me, sleeping on me with that adorable face." I whispered quietly. I was careful not to wake her. I realized how dumb that sounded and internally face palmed. 

     " You care alot about her, you know." Nicole said with a smile. I shrugged and picked my girlfriend up and placed her on my chest as I layed down. 

     " I do." I replied back. I had never had this feeling; I've never felt the need to not disappoint her, to be someone different. To change for her. 

      " Just don't intentionally hurt her. She's been through enough. I may not know her the best; but I know enough." Nicole said. I nodded my head. 

     " I would never intentionally hurt her." I replied defensively. I felt Rose stir in my arms, but she only snuggled closer into my chest. 

      " But eventually you will. I know you Joel, you'll cheat on her, and you'll hurt her." Nicole replied harshly. She was right, I would probably end up hurting her. And with that, she walked away. 

But I would never cheat intentionally. 

I stared down at Rose, and I coudln't help but feel giddy. Damn, I am whipped. 

~*~

TodayI was planning on taking Rose to a date. Now, I wasn't very good with this stuff, seeing I had never done these sort of things before. It was all new to me. 

I ended up getting help from my best friend, Jules. He wasn't that much of a player, not like me. He usually dated the flings. But he had the decency to actually be nice when he break ups from his girls.   He would take them on dates and please them, unlike me. 

      " Where did you first meet? " Jules asked over the phone. We met in the schools office. I was to busy sucking face with the schools secretary. 

      " Uh..in the school's office." I replied hesitantly. Jules chuckled and went on explaining what I should do. 

In the end, we had one perfect date. 

      " Thanks Jules." I said with a small chuckle.