Chapter Thirty Seven: Amnesia

Joel Brooks POV (**SHORT CHAPTER**)

"Sometimes I start to wonder, was it just a lie? If what we had was real, how could you be fine? 'Cause I'm not fine at all." - 5 Seconds Of Summer, Amnesia.

It was one o'clock in the morning and the roads were quiet, for once. The only thing that could be heard was the faint background music of my radio playing out one of my favorite Maroon 5 song, Payphone.

The windows were down, letting the chilly wind in. But I didn't mind one bit. It calmed me down enough to think rationally and not pick up the bottles of liquor in the back seat.

When I reached my destination, I jumped out of the car, but not before grabbing a blanket and a bottle of beer.

The cliffs edge was soft and confortable with grass as I lay down and looked up towards the stars.

I remember countless of times Rose and I would come here, and every time would be as amazing as the last. It feels like that was so long ago now; it feels like they're only turning into distant memories.

I don't want Rose to be just a memory; she means so much more to me then that. She was the love of my life, and frankly I wanted her to by my wife and the mother to my children. I wanted to be with her for the rest of my life, to make many, many more memories with her.

I smiled to myself and imagined a life with her, one when her Father and Mother accepted us, where we could be happy and in love without any lies and secrets.

The only two people I have right now are Hayley and Kent, I don't have a proper family and I don't have any friends who aren't friends with Rose.

But none of that mattered; if I didn't have her I'd rather have nobody.

Adriana Rose Watson POV

It was late at night and I found myself crying. Again.

But this time I had my Brothers with me, as well as Nicole. They all sat around me, each comforting me in some sort of way.

I don't know what brought me to cry, but as soon as I got home and saw my brothers and sisters happy, I just broke out in tears.

I wanted to be happy again, but I felt as though I could never be happy. Not without Joel.

"When did I let myself be this vulnerable?" I sobbed out into my older brother, George's chest. He had one arm strongly wrapped around my body as he cradled me back and forth.

I was so thankful for my brothers, sisters and my friends. I knew that with them by my side, I got get through this time in my life. No matter how hard it was going to be without Joel, I needed to stay strong. For my family, friends and my future.

"Baby, what's wrong?" I saw my Mother rush towards me with a worried look on her face. I no longer cared about the fact that she hasn't been the best Mum ever, but I needed her right now and I couldn't find it in me to pretend anymore.

"Mom I've been so foolish." I cried into her chest. I felt her soft hands stroke my hair down in a calming act.

"No you haven't, baby, you fell in love and that's totally okay." She said as she pressed a soft kiss to my forehead.

"You don't understand." I blubbered uncontrollably. The pads of her thumbs gently ran under my eyes and wiped my tears away.

"Well help me understand Adriana. I can't help if you don't tell me what's wrong." Mom whispered softly. I nodded my head and took a few breathes. After I calmed down, I started to tell her everything.

How it started all those years ago.

~*~

A few hours later, we both had small tears running down our flushed cheeks. Mum's was more shocked then anything, enough to put her into silence for the last three hours.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She choked out.

"I was scared and naïve. I didn't know what to do, I didn't want you or dad to hate me." I said as I looked down at my lap.

"I could and never would hate you. You had no control over what happened and it was my fault for not noticing. I'm so sorry Addie." Mom said as she leaned over and hugged me tightly. I hugged her back just as strong.

"I love you baby, so much. I'm so sorry for everything that has recently happened and I will do everything in my power to fix it." Mum said as she hugged me.

"I love you too Mum." I replied back.

I felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders, and now I could finally breathe properly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the short chapter, not long now until the books finished fml :((( i'm so proud of myself for updating this fast!! 

Vote, comment and fan xxxxxx