Chapter Twenty Four: Please Don't Say You Love Me

Adriana Rose Watson POV

     “Just please don't say you love me, cause I might not say it back, doesn't mean my heart stops skipping when you look at me like that, there's no need to worry when you see just where we're at, just please don't say you love me,

cause I might not say it back.” Gabriella Aplin, Please Don’t Say You Love Me.

What was he doing here? Most importantly, what did he want to talk about?

     “W-what are you doing here?” I asked him. He was standing there with the exact same clothes on from today. He looked like hell.

     “I said to you, that I needed to talk to you about something.” His face held nervousness, from what I’ve seen, he was never a nervous man.

     “Well it better be good.” I said with warning in my tone.

     “Trust me, it is.”

~*~

After 10 minutes of talking, I already knew what was wrong. Liam kept going on and on about seeing Joel at the pub and some unknown blonde yelling at him.

The thing was, they were arguing about me.

He only caught snippets of the conversation, which included something about me moving on.

As Liam told me what he had heard, which may or may not be wrong, I started to lose control of my breathing. Hearing that Joel had his tongue down some girls throat, cut deeply.

Though I couldn’t really speak, I did the exact same thing, worse even.

     “Look Rose, don’t get so worked up about this. It might be nothing.” Liam said to me with a wave of his hand.

     “Don’t get worked up about this? The guy I love had his tongue down some girls throat.” I cried out to him.

Liam’s eyes softened.

As he went to reply, there was another knock at the door. I looked towards him but he merely shrugged.

As I walked towards the door, my heart rate picked up its pace and my palms grew sweaty with anxiousness.

I opened the door only to gasp and nearly fall over in surprise.

     “Joel.” I breathed. His eyes widened in shock.

     “Rose, you look like a mess. What happened baby?” His hands reached out for me, but I stepped back.

     “Don’t call me that.” I whispered weakly.