Chapter Twenty Three: Fix You

Joel Brooks POV

     “And the tears come streaming down your face, when you lose something you can't replace, when you love someone, but it goes to waste, could it be worse?” Cold play, Fix you.

She’s moved on. She’s moved on. She’s moved on.

The words were like a constant chatter in my head. It wouldn’t stop, with each step I took away from her, it grew louder.

     “You’ve made me the happiest man alive.”

I was so angry; furious. She had moved on and I was left with the broken heart. Of fucking course.

I needed to get her off my mind.

Get those words out of my head.

~*~

Half an hour later, I found myself slightly drunk in the bar down the road. It was only two o’clock, so it wasn’t too busy.

I was stupid to be drinking at this time, but it was the only thing I could do. I didn’t want to hurt anymore.

I just wanted to forget everything.

The next thing I new, was a girl that wasn’t my Rose, was sitting on my lap, sticking her tongue down my throat. I heard a gasp from behind me and I knew immediately whom it belonged to.

The girl was pulled out of my lap with a hard yank. I looked at Nicole in amazement.

     “Nicole, what are you doing here?” I stared at her with cautious eyes.

     “What am I doing here?! I’ve been looking for you for the past hour. Rose came home crying, saying all this gibberish that it’s her fault that she’s broken.” Nicole yelled at me. Everyone turned around at looked at us.

     “Nicole, you’re causing a scene.” I whispered to her.

     “I don’t fucking care anymore, Joel. Everyone can know what a lying, cheating bastard you are.” She yelled again.

My breathing hitched in my mouth.

She knew those words would hurt me.

     “Shut up, Nicole. You don’t know Jack shit.” My words were harsh and defensive. I didn’t want to be known as the man who broke the sweet Britain girls heart.

     “Rose told me everything, Joel. She told me what happened the other night, she told me how she felt about you.” She said to me coldly.

     “She doesn’t feel anything for me anymore, Nicole. She’s already making someone else happy.” I glared at her.