Chapter Eleven: Iris

Adriana Rose Watson POV 

"And I don't want the world to see me, 'Cause I don't think that they'd understand, When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am" - Goo Goo Dolls, Iris. 

Nicole, Joel and I were all sitting down when my phone rang. It was a late Friday night and no one would usually call me. Who would call me this late at night? 

My thought were answered when George's name popped up on the screen. 

      " Hey " I whispered. 

      " You need to come home now, Rose. " George shouted. I flinched when his booming hit my ear. 

      " Fuck, George don't yell at me " I screamed back. Joel's eye's met mine and held confusion and a tad of sadness. Nicole on the other hand, her eyes widened. 

I said a quick apology to them and walked outside. 

      " It's Kaiden, Rose. He was in a accident, he's been calling your name out for an hour. " George whispered. 

My eyes widened and welled up with tears. 

      " Is he okay? What happened? " I asked. I heard a few voice's in the background, so I kept quiet. 

   " Car accident. He's broken his arm and leg, he's asleep right now but he has a massive concussion. He's keep's saying he saw you somewhere. He saw you on telly or something." George said sadly. 

I mentally cursed myself. Kaiden had always loved to watch American Football every Friday Night. They probably had aired the game from the other night. Great. 

      " I was probably on TV " I muttered. I heard George gasp. 

      " I was filling in for a girl who broke her arm or something. They probably aired the match " I grumbled. I ran back inside the house to speak to Nicole. 

      " Did they air the match from a couple of night's ago tonight? " I asked. Nicole and Joel nodded their head. I mentally cursed again. 

      " Once he wakes up, call me. I'll explain everything to him. Just please stay there so he doesn't tell anyone " I pleaded with George. 

      " I'll be there " That was all George said. He hanged up on me. 

      " Rose, what's wrong? " Nicole asked. I contemplated telling her, but decided not to. I grabbed my phone and a bottle of liquor and left. 

I hadn't drunk this much alcohol in ages and it felt nice to be free to drink. 

I started walking down to where the shop which Tom and Hannah owned. I knew the perfect place for a night like this. 

It took another ten minutes to arrive at the beach.