Chapter Twelve: Rumour Has It

Adriana POV

      "People say crazy things, Just 'cause I said it, don't mean that I meant it, Just 'cause you heard it, Rumour has it"  -Adele, Rumour Has It 

It was weird when I returned to school. Joel and I walked hand in hand through the double doors and it was literally suffocating seeing everyone stare at me. They were like hawks; eyeing our every bloody move.

Then there was bloody Adam.

He stared wide eyed at our linked hands, then looked at me. I only pissed him off more by winking at him. That made him hit a locker in anger. Well, it was his fault. I'm not the one who lied and cheated.

That made both Joel and I laugh.

      " I hate everybody staring at us like we're some sort of museum piece " I mumbled. Joel only laughed and squeezed my hand in reassurance.

      " You'll be fine babe " Joel whispered in my ear. His breath was warm on my ear and that made a shiver rake down my shoulder.

      " You better get going, don't want to be late " I replied back to him. Joel shrugged and made a move to grab my books from my hands.

      " I can carry my own books, Joel." I said with a small smile.

Joel rolled his eyes but agreed with me anyway. I could tell he wasn't the sort of boyfriend to carry stuff for there girlfriends.

      " You don't have to try so hard, Joel. Just be yourself " I said with a light chuckle. Joel sheepishly grinned at me and wrapped an arm around my shoulders. 

      " Thank god! I hate being a gentleman " Joel muttered thankfully. I smiled back at him and entered my class with Joel in tow. 

Every pair of eyes were trained on Joel and I when we made our way to our seats. I got many glares and glances from all the jealous, envious crazed girls while Joel received all the envy glances from the hormonal boys. 

      " I don't like the boys staring at you; It's annoying " Joel whispered under his breath while he glared at everyone. 

      " Don't get your batman boxes in a twist " I whispered. Joel playfully glared at me and nudged me with his shoulder. 

      " I never knew you were the dating type, Joely. I always thought you just had flings " I teased. Joel tensed up at the thought of his recent flings, but visibly calmed down. 

      " Well I made an exception for you, darl." Joel teased back. I raised an eyebrow at the nickname. Joel shrugged and slouched lower in his seat. I rolled my eyes and looked towards the board where the teacher was writing instructions for the day. 

~*~ 

Joel and I were the buzz of the school. And it was freaking annoying. You could tell we were both really pissed at everyone. 

      " Do they ever shut up?! " I whisper yelled at Nicole and a grumpy Joel. 

      " No. They're like paparazzi. They make up rumours, spread them around and make them believable. Soon enough, everyone will believe them and judge you " Joel said angrily. Nicole nodded her head in agreement. 

      " Apparently, the girls thinks you're pregnant with Joel's baby. That's the only reason why he's staying and dating you " Nicole said with an amused chuckle. I internally groaned. Why does everyone think I'm pregnant. 

      " I don't fucking understand anymore! Everyone thinks I'm pregnant. I have not had sex in a year " I said a little to loud. The tables around me looked over with amused expressions on there face. 

      " You've had sex before? " Nicole said with wide eyes. I shrugged and explained to them that I had sex twice. 

Joel looked shocked, but understood with a little convincing and kisses. Nicole on the other hand was outraged. She was upset why I didn't tell her. 

The day consisted like that. Nicole still asking if I had done 'it' before. Of course I got angrier and eventually screamed out 'yes!'

But everywhere I walked, I heard whispering. Mostly things about why Joel was with me. Why he was still with me. 

Stupid Rumours 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This Chapter was a filler. I didn't really know what to right. I know I haven't updated in a while, but i'm really really trying! It's just getting a bit hard to update and write when I don't even know what to write about. 

Also, if you are reading my werewolf book, I love you, Alpha hopefully that will be update soon, I'm not sure. I'm writing it at this very minute, and I'm trying to think up ideas, but it's getting hard lol. 

Song to the side -> Rumour Has It by Adele 

Vote, comment or fan xx