Chapter Thirty: Life Of The Party

Adriana Rose Watson POV

      “I love it when you just don't care, I love it when you dance like there's nobody there, so when it gets hard, don't be afraid, we don't care what them people say” –Shawn Mendes, Life Of The Party.

The last two years of my life, almost every night I had spent out. I was either at a bar, dancing with a few guys while downing a few shots.

I was too young and reckless to care what sort of damage that would do to my liver when I was old and wrinkly and I still couldn’t give two shits.

At least that’s what I thought. Joel had nailed into my head that I’ve had enough liquor to last me a couple of life times, but I didn’t really drink that much anymore. I guess.

I defiantly didn’t party as much as I used to, so I was pretty happy when Joel told me he was taking me to a party tonight. I may have checked to see if he was the drunken one, but he wasn’t.

I bet he probably wants some tonight. Actually, who knows what he bloody wants. He’s been changing his mind every single fucking minute.

      “Hey babe, what are you wearing tonight?” Joel asked as he walked down the stairs. Speaking of the devil.

      “I don’t know, I’ll think about that later.” I said as I focused on my school homework.

My god I hate math.  

      “Oh okay.” Joel said as he started getting the ironing board and the iron out.

      “Joel, baby, what are you doing?” I said as I continued doing my math’s questions.

      “I’m doing the ironing.” Joel replied. I looked towards him as he grabbed a pair of my shorts and started ironing them.

      “Um Joel, since when did you know how to iron?” I asked as he picked up another piece of clothing.

      “Since two seconds ago.” He said.

My eyes widened and I quickly jumped out of my seat and hurried towards him.

      “Joel, please give me the iron.” I said. I held my hands out, like I was approaching a wild horse.

      “Rose, are you okay? You’re acting a bit strange.” Joel said as he stared at me weirdly.

      “Just please give me the iron, I don’t want you to burn my house down.” I said as I stared at the iron.

      “Honey, I’m not going to burn the house down. How hard is it to iron a few shirts and what not.” Joel said as he continued ironing. I sighed.