Chapter Twenty: If You Ever Came Back

Adrianna Rose Watson POV

     “I'll leave the door on the latch, if you ever come back, if you ever come back, there'll be a light in the hall and a key under the mat, if you ever come back.” If You Ever Come Back, The Script

Last night, was good. I guess.

Every time I would kiss someone, guilt would enter my veins. It was weighing me down. I managed to get drunk, but like last time, I kept to myself and only kissed one guy. During those 3 minutes, I had managed to forget about Joel, but as soon as there lips left mine, his face entered my mind.

But other than that, it was good. Nicole also got a little drunk, but not by much. We were both currently laying in bed. It was 1 o’clock in the afternoon and we were suppose to be at school, but we deserved a good day rest.

But it wasn’t like we were missing out on much. Beside from the constant gossip of the little stunt Joel pulled at the dance, we were missing out on nothing. Anyway, the senior students were cleaning up the stadium.

The phone started ringing and I ran over to the receiver to answer it.

     “Hello.” I said.

     “Adriana, I want you to come home, now. You’ve been gone for a month now and police are putting you down in the list of suspected killings. Everyone thinks you’re dead and it’s killing me to see your sisters, parents and friends go through with this.” Ajax growled into the phone.

     “Ajax, I’m sorry, but I-I can’t come home. Just, give me more time.” I pleaded.

     “I should have never let you leave. I should’ve known this was going to happen.” Ajax yelled at me. He never ever yelled at me.

     “I am watching your sisters cry themselves to sleep while you prance around in god knows where! You’ve already had your heart broken, now you know what it feels like to be in love. You’ve had your fun, now come home.” Ajax yelled again.

     “Stop yelling at me!” I said to him.

     “No, Adriana!” He yelled back to me.

     “Leave me alone, Ajax. It was hard for me back home and now I’m finally free. I can live my life the way I want without anyone telling me what to do. I can go out without everyone whispering about me, I can get drunk without anyone judging me. No one knows who I am and it feels amazing.” I whispered to him.

     “You are so hypocritical, Adriana. You’re whole family is worried and now that the investigators suspect you dead, it is not helping. Your father hasn’t been himself lately either. He is now worried to and imagine what that has done to your mother. She walks around with your old teddy bears in her hands, whispering to herself. She’s even gone as far as to start praying.

     “You need to come home, Adriana. Before everyone loses there damn minds.”