Chapter Eighteen: Wanted

Adriana Rose Watson POV

“Cause I wanna wrap you up, wanna kiss your lips, I wanna make you feel wanted, And I wanna call you mine, wanna hold your hand forever, and never let you forget it, yeah, I, I wanna make you feel wanted,” Hunter Hayes, Wanted.

Tonight was the night of Prom, and to say I was nervous an understatement. I was shitting bricks here. It would be about a week and a bit since I’ve seen Joel, and I was scared shitless.

Questions were running through my mind. Was he a blubbery mess like I was? Was he heartbroken that he didn’t take me to prom? Did he have someone else as a date? Did he regret cheating on me?

The last one would probably be determined tonight.

I have never ever in my whole life, been this scared and nervous. And it was only prom. But I was seeing Joel.

Then it struck me.

I, Adriana Rose Watson, was completely and utterly in love with Joel Brooks.

Ugh, fuck you Joel Brooks.

~*~

It was now 45 minutes until the prom started, and I was even more nervous than I was before. I’ve never recalled being this nervous, even when I was speaking in front of large crowds.

     “Okay, I have finished with your makeup” Nicole said excitedly. I sighed in happiness. Nicole had taken forever to do my makeup and hair, it was literally torture.

I slid off the blanket from the mirror.

1,2,3…

I opened my eyes and immediately gasped.

I looked beautiful.

My facial makeup was done to perfection. My eyelids were coated in grey and silver, giving me the smoky eye look. I had on light red lipstick, and my face was flawless; free of any blemishes. My mascara was light, but thick and made my natural blue eyes stand out more. My dark brown, wavy hair was up in a ponytail, with few strands falling out of my pony tail, and my bangs fell down perfectly.

I have never felt so beautiful in my entire life.

Even my stylists back in England couldn’t pull this off. Usually, they just caked my face with makeup and pulled my hair into a slick bun.

     “I love you Nicole!” I screamed. I raced up to my best friend and hugged her tightly. My eyes were getting moist in tears, but I help them in; afraid they will ruin my makeup and make me look like Frankenstein instead.

     “I love you too, Rose. And always will” Nicole replied.