Chapter One: Runaway Baby

So this is the first Chappy of my book. Hope you guys like it x

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adriana Rose Watson POV

      "Run, run, runaway, runaway baby, before I put my spell on you, you better get, get, getaway, getaway, darling, 'Cause everything you heard is true" - Bruno Mars, Runaway baby

My attention span only lasted for about five seconds when my father started lecturing me about my 'rebellious ways'. Ever since I almost drowned when I was ten, my freedom was gone in an instant. Both of my parents becoming overbearingly protective and barely even allowed me to do anything, and I was already seventeen. 

"Adriana, are you even listening?" Father asked. I smirked at him as he became frustrated. 

"When do I ever." I answered back. Father's eyes blazed with fury and frustration as he kicked over the nearest chair. 

"Can you please stop being so difficult!" Father shouted. Gosh, I loved angering them way too much. 

"What do you mean, Daddy?" I asked feigning innocence.

"I've told you hundreds of times, you are not allowed to go out at night. Actually, without your Mother and my consent, you aren't allowed to go anywhere! You're a princess, so start acting like one instead of a spoilt, teenage brat." He bellowed loudly. 

"You don't get it do you? I don't fucking care about what your or mother say. I'm my own person, and not to mention I'm seventeen. In less then a year, I'll be legalised as a fucking adult, so stop treating me like a child." I screamed back. 

"You are a child." He screamed back. 

"You can't keep controlling me. I'm you daughter, not your fucking servant. As soon as I'm eighteen, I'm fucking out of here. I'm going to travel the world, fall in love." I spat at him. He laughed mockingly. 

"You're stupid to think that I'm ever going to let you see the 'world' or fall in love. Your mother and I have picked a suitable bachelor, whom we trust very much. You'll marry him, not some teenage asshole who will just fuck you and leave." 

My eyes burned with tears, but I didn't give him the satisfaction of seeing them fall. I couldn't believe him right now, he was controlling me and trying to rule my life. Just because he was the fucking King doesn't give him the right to rule me. 

"God, you infuriate me. I hate you!" I screamed at him. I hoped my words hurt him as much as his did to me, yet I didn't even mean what I just said. I turned around and bounded towards the stairs, but fathers voice stopped me.

"This is your destiny, Adriana. You have to take responsibility and stop running away from it. It'll only hurt you more." I knew his words where somewhat true, but I was too angry to listen. 

Instead of replying, I gave him the middle finger and sauntered off to my room.

~*~ 

I run up the stair case hurriedly, trying to not trip on the marble steps. But my eyes were blurred with tears and my head was pounding. 

As soon as I entered my room, I grabbed my phone that was sitting on my bed. I immediately dialled my best friend, knowing he was one of the only people I could trust. 

"Ajax," I spoke lowly into the phone when he answered. 

"Whats wrong love?" Ajax asked worriedly. "I can't stay here anymore, Jax. He crossed the line, he basically said I will never marry for love and he's found a 'suitable bachelor' for me to marry," I said as the tears poured down my cheeks. 

"I've been through too much this year and I need a break, from my family, from this life, everything." I whispered. 

I looked into my floor to ceiling mirror and was quite worried with what I saw. My naturally wavy brown hair was all over the place and my once bright hazel eyes were now dull and pooled with tears. And not to mention the dark, purple bags under my eyes from the lack of sleep. Needless to say, I looked like a fucking mess. 

I was quick to inform Jax of my plan, who agreed to help me. I knew he would. I grabbed the nearest duffle bag next to me and started throwing in some clothes, along with some credit cards that nobody but myself knew about, and more valuables. The most important was a locket of my mothers and the family picture that had been taken a few years ago. 

There would be no way to get out of the palace without being noticed, so I took the safest option and decided to jump out the window. Now I've done it before, and I may have sprained my ankle last time, so nothing could go really wrong. And besides, there was a tree right next to my window that would help me. 

It only took a few minutes for Jax to come to my window, which I was appreciative for. 

"Jax, catch my bag." I whispered yelled to him. I threw my duffle bags down to to him and he caught it with ease. 

"Please don't tell me I have to catch you too." He joked. I sarcastically laughed at him. "Yeah shut up asshole." I said. 

I planted my foot onto the ledge, then my other foot. I climbed down a few more meters and nearly slipped before I grabbed onto the tree and climbing down that instead. 

"Here, I bought you a plane ticket to America. There's also a bus ticket there as well. You can hop off where ever you want and please, just please be careful. Call me every single day so I know you're okay. I don't care where you are, just call me." Ajax said. Ajax hugged me to his chest tightly, burying his face in my hair and breathing in my scent. 

Now, I know what you're probably thinking, me and Jax could possibly have something going on. Even though he is extremely attractive, but he's my best friend and I've known him for too long. 

"I'll be fine, trust me. I'll call you as soon as I get to America." I promised. I hugged him back and felt him nod. 

"Let me drive you." Ajax answered. I sighed, of course he would do this for me. 

When I was in Jax's car, I finally looked back and watched as my home, the castle, got smaller and smaller. I was finally free, but the question is, for how long? 

I was going to miss my older brothers, Dane and George, younger brother Kaiden and younger twins sisters, Annabel and Isla too much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's the first chapter. It has been 7 nearly 8 years since Adriana drowned and in that seven years she had another baby brother and twin sisters, Kaiden (16), Isla(12) and Annabel(12). 

Song to the side -> Runaway Baby by Bruno Mars 

What do you think? 

Vote, comment or fan xxx