chapter 9

George sat on his four poster bed after dinner that night. He was feeling anxious as he held Lylie's notebook in his hands. He wanted to open it and read it but then again, that's wrong. Just then, George heard footsteps coming toward the dorm. He panicked and stuffed the notebook into his drawer. Fred walked in and set his books on his desk.

"Hey Georgie, what's up?"

"Oh, um, nothing really." George answered nervously.

"Uh-huh. That's good." Fred looked at him suspiciously.

"Yes, well, 'best be going." George scrambled off his bed and hurried to the door.

"Where?" Fred walked up to him.

"Just, nowhere, it's fine, nothing to be concerned about." George opened the door but Fred closed it and turned his twin to face him.

"Geo-orge." Fred said in a singsong voice and tapped his foot. As George was about to spill, Lee pushed the door open and came in.

"What's going on here?" Lee waved his pointed finger at the twins.

Fred backed away from George and answered, "Nothing at all."

George pulled the door open and raced out. He needed to return Lylie's notebook, that is, if he had remembered to bring it with him. He slapped his forehead and decided to just go back to the dorm. How embarrassing.

"Look who's back." Fred smirked as George slowly shut the door to the dorm.

"Want to try some Berttie Bots Every Flavour Beans?" Lee suggested as he pulled out a big pack of them.

"Brilliant!" Fred slid off his bed and joined Lee on his. George came over to the bed as well, he needed something to get his mind off of Lylie's notebook.

*

George's mouth was hanging open as he finished reading Lylie's notebook the next night. He began sweating and looked around the room frantically for a bottle of water. He jumped up and gulped down half of Fred's water. He desperately wanted to tell Fred and Lee what he read. But George knew better than do that. He headed out of the dorms to return Lylie's notebook.

George levitated himself up to the girl's dorms, he knew that if a boy tried to go up to the girls' dorms, the stairs would morph into a slide and he'd tumble down. He carefully placed Lylie's notebook by her bed. He exhaled slowly and rushed out of the bedroom. He shook his head vigorously and told himself to forget about it, but the thought wouldn't leave his mind. That's when George swore of secrecy to himself, that he'd never tell anybody.

*

"It's Quidditch tryouts today!" Fred paraded down the stairs to the common room.

"Whoop, whoop!" Lee followed with his hands in the air. Lylie looked up from writing as the the twins and Lee partied around the common room.

"Get some breakfast, you boys need strength." Lylie pointed to the exit of the common room.

"Yes thank you, mother." George smiled cheekily.

"Oh stop it. It's true." Lylie motioned the boys toward the hall.

"Go Fred, go George! Woo, woo!" Lylie and Aria were jumping in the stands screaming encouraging words. Fred waved at the girls as he zoomed by them.

*

"Guess what? Guess what? Guess what?" Fred jumped onto the sofa beside Lylie as she was writing.